Order of Casualties Taken?

From the excellent www.gamesofwar.de

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

- the rifle squads provide decent firepower at close range (up to 100 meters), but it drops off significantly beyond that. Please

note that one man alone (the BAR gunner) provides roughly 10%, 25%, 33%, 50% of firepower at 40m, 100m, 250m and

500m respectively. Watch out for squads which lost their BAR gunner - their combat effectiveness is highly reduced! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, what I'm wondering is when that BAR gunner will die. I know that in CM every man dies before the Squad Leader, but is there any kind of method to it? Is it just a bottom -up sort of list, killing off all rifles before BAR, then BAR before leader, or what? Is it random?

Thanks!

My understanding is that casualties are randomly distributed among available squad weapons BUT if a support weapon is taken out there is a random chance that someone else will pick it up. Therefore support weapons tend to be among the last weapons lost but not necessarily.

Moon, would you be at all interested in my Excel graphs which have ooddles of firepower over range for various squads.

I've got the info sorted on all types of variables. You might find it interesting for inclusion or use for analyzing squads/platoons. There are several people, including Fionn, with various earlier incarnations and I think they found it interesting.

In fact I open this up to anyone that wants the info. If anyone wants the spreadsheet file, I'd be happy to e-mail it to you. Expect a full blown Excel spreadsheet with about 100+ graphs for general consumption once the game is in my grubby little hands.

I, personally, find the graphs very interesting. And there is an old thread wandering around somewhere with my analysis of squads... Maybe I can find it with a search.

My searchonauts did not let me down. Found the thread in about two minutes. biggrin.gif

Firing Ranges Linearity

Jason

------------------

Betas available to everyone are just publicity stunts anyways. -FK

[This message has been edited by guachi (edited 06-14-2000).]