Random Timing? I think NOT

A glance at the refrigerator calendar today reminds me that the wife and I leave on June 4th for a week's vacation in North Carolina's phenomenal Outer Banks. Imagine me now, out on the spacious deck, overlooking the stunning Atlantic. It's 7 a.m. and I have a steaming cup of coffee at my side - and my brand new Dell laptop is humming with Combat Mission. smile.gif

I know we're all pretty excited about the game's release, but can it get much better than that? No, I'd say that borders on divine intervention. wink.gif

Guest ChrisC1009

Lucky You!

Only way it would get better is if your wife didn't mind you staying there the entire vacation.

Oh, she fairly well accomodates the addiction. What's interesting about this game is that I've been talking about how special it is since I discovered it last year.

She's impressed by how I told her that Steve and Charles are self-publishing, etc. So, I think I'll have 2-3 undisturbed hours each morning to play, not to mention all the hours while she wants to tan on the beach. This is shaping up to be my best vacation ever.

What about the rest of you guys? How are you prepping employers and family for this upcoming event?

Employers and families? I seem to recall something about that ... back before the beta demo came out of course.

Joe

------------------

"Son," says I to him, "you're a Dragon. And a Dragon ACTS like a Dragon or he doesn't act at all."

Smrgol, Dragon

Caretan,

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who babbles about the game to his wife, and has been doing so for months! I guess that is just because she is handy. She does make me pay for it by listening to her stories of great deals she found while shopping. Fair trade, I think.

She says that she will be happy when the final version arrives, just so I will be quiet, but she also knows I will then start pestering her with, "And then I did..." kind of stuff.

Actually it's the first game in a long while that I've actually shown or explained to my wife. She knows about my addiction but isnt' too interested herself smile.gif

Which brings me to another point. I am going to be buying a laptop in the next couple of weeks. How is the Dell laptop Carentan? I hoping to find a decent one for about 2k.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carentan:

A glance at the refrigerator calendar today reminds me that the wife and I leave on June 4th for a week's vacation in North Carolina's phenomenal Outer Banks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another Tar Heel on the board? Enjoy the OBX. I'm very jealous.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Lobo,

I went for the Dell Inspiron 5000, and I would buy it again in an instant! My graphics card is an 8mb ATI, and it handles the latest games, including CM, with ease.

Because I did a coupla upgrades tho, my cost came in at 2,100... but if you can drift off budget by a hundred bucks, you're gonna be one happy wargamer smile.gif

Guest MantaRay

My close friend just went back to his hometown on vacation for 2 weeks. He ICQ'd me on friday, and I asked if his wife was enjoying her time with him w/o his computer. He replied, "Screw that, I brought it with me." I had to laugh as that is one thing that I should have expected from him. I just wish my wife would let me get away with that. I actually envy him as I wouldnt have any balls left if I tried to do that with my wife. Now to get him into playing CM, which will never happen frown.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carentan:

What about the rest of you guys? How are you prepping employers and family for this upcoming event?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem here. I am a teacher. We get out on June 2. Nothing but free time with CM and the family smile.gif

Allan