Question regarding M1919A6 and Bazooka M9

I have always been under the impression that the M9 Bazooka and the M1919A6 light machine gun were not in use during Normandy, but only delivered to the front in fall (even though they were developed and standardized earlier). Does anybody know more about this? Maybe primary sources?

Edit: According to Gordon L. Rottmann in "The Bazooka":

The need for bazookas

was such that M1A1 production could not be halted for M9 retooling.
It took time for the much-revised M9 to enter production and reach the field,
the earliest examples arriving in August 1944.

Edited by Ts4EVER

Can't speak to the M9; but the A6  will only be seen with Paratrooper rifle squads and Air-mobile weapon platoons. You cannot get it as a MMG among the standard rifle battalions. To my knowledge you can only get the M1919A6 as an issue MMG in Final Blitzkrieg and that is if you set all equipment to 'excellent.'

It may have changed, I haven't played an Airborne formation since 4.0 came out.

Edited by Rinaldi

• 3 weeks later...

The upgrade to v4 in CMFI resulted in an overhaul of (and corrections to) the TO&E. If I recall correctly, Steve said that these new corrections to the TO&E will be coming to the other WWII titles as well in future patches. So it is possible there is a bug/mistake with the current TO&E in CMBN that will soon be resolved in a patch.