Hybrid Bundle (Mac + PC Bundle)

Artkin

Back in 2011, Steve had mentioned a hybrid bundle option for those of us that have mac and windows operating systems. Has there been any word since? Can't find any bundle for CMBS.

This is the link where it was discussed. 

Furthermore, I thought I had once seen one of the admins post something about a licence key working for both platforms, but I can't find it. Can anyone confirm? I really want to verse my pops! 

IanL,

Michael Emrys and I both ultimately learned about the existence of the Hybrid Bundle the hard way when DLing what the ordering text had told us was Mac  specific. For some unknown reason, those hulking combo files didn't sit well with our Macs, took forever to DL and wound up corrupted after all that bother. It was Michael Emrys who passed the word on cutting down the number of items selected, ultimately resulting in success. But seeing everything ripe for the taking, yet having paid for what I thought was Mac only, so disturbed me I twice pinged BFC, ultimately receiving official word via a Support Ticket that the vast totality of what was there was supposed to be there from the get.  Suggested it would be a good idea to make it clear on the order page that purchasers were getting both Mac and MC files.

To date, I've DLed and installed the 4.0  Upgrade on CMBS and have the same available for CMBN, but was so messed up by the Hybrid Bundle drill (two outright, maddening failures on a maddeningly slow connection which really hampered doing anything else online while DLing the files from BFC), that I simply couldn't make myself do it then and have kept been distracted from doing so since. Nor does it help that I'm not only not playing CMBN (or able to play CM at all currently), but seldom post to the CMBN Forum as well . Since I own neither CMSF or CMFI, I've not DLED either in any form.

Artkin,

What a fortunate man you are to be able to play your dad! I tried and tried over a period of years to get him to play so much as a single turn of CM, in a tiny battle vs AI, and under my tutelage. This is a man whose home was full of military history books and novels, who religiously watched "the World at War" with me, "Victory at Sea" and much else, too. No joy. But I can't tell you how many times while my siblings and I were growing up we played checkers, Chinese checkers, chess, etc.--so he could show off his greatness mostly. Please make the most of this opportunity you have, for many here would love to have/have had the same.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...

Artkin,

What makes you think I don't? Played BA about a monthsago with brother Ed, and BA and "Up Front" a few years ago with brother George. Ed, though, has been swallowed whole by WoW (when not otherwise engrossed) and his game design stuff, not to mention getting back into real airplanes atop his RC airplane hobby. On those rare occasions I see my nephews, we also game. 

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler