Comparing 3.0 and 4.0

Having played version 4.0 for the last couple of months I have recently fired up a mission in Conrath's Counterattack that I was in the middle of. I have to say that I am missing the less nervous hunt command on infantry and armour too, for that matter. My troops and tanks seem to be stopping during movement at the slightest enemy fire and I also keep looking for the white text at the end of certain movement orders. Enemy troops in foxholes are a lot harder to shift in 3.0 though which I think is a bit more realistic. Because foxholes are so easily spotted I think the guys in them need to be a bit more robust than they are in 4.0 otherwise what's the point of them? Anyway, come on Battlefront, stop messing around and let's be having that upgrade!

1 hour ago, DougPhresh said:

I wonder if there is a way to differentiate between troops that are dug in and those that aren't.

If it's not already in the game perhaps troops that are possitioned in an action square with foxholes or a trench could recieve a MOTIVATION MODIFIER increasing their motivation one level for example (up to the maximum of fanatic). This ought to increase their staying-power in a prepared possition a little bit atleast.

On March 8, 2017 at 7:55 AM, RepsolCBR said:

If it's not already in the game perhaps troops that are possitioned in an action square with foxholes or a trench could recieve a MOTIVATION MODIFIER increasing their motivation one level for example (up to the maximum of fanatic). This ought to increase their staying-power in a prepared possition a little bit atleast.

Interesting approach. Worth considering.

Michael