Engine 4 problems or game changes?

rogue189

I downloaded the engine 4 today and started up Objective Delta.  Usually I start the mission doing some prep fire on buildings with infantry icons in them prior to hitting the start button for an immediate "free" artillery attack.  I did a heavy, point attack on a building but the rounds acted like area fire with only one or two hitting the building.  Is this new?  In the past, prep fire artillery rounds are pretty accurate and do not require LOS from whoever is calling it in.

The other thing I noticed earlier was trying to get my Breach team to breach a wall/building in Crossed Gauntlets.  I gave them a quick move, then breach command into the first floor of a building that was butted right up to a wall.  I thought the structures were close enough the charge would blow both.  But in the end, 2 or the 3 guys actually moved (one guy was stuck in the starting location) and when the team reached the breach point, they just ran around the whole complex and ran into the room instead of breaching.

15 hours ago, rogue189 said:

<Snip> 2 or the 3 guys actually moved (one guy was stuck in the starting location) and when the team reached the breach point, they just ran around the whole complex and ran into the room instead of breaching.

I have not noticed a difference in the opening bombardments so far however I have not yet tried the point target in an opening bombardment.

The troop who was "stuck" sounds like a bug.

If there is an elevation difference from one side of the wall to be Blasted to the other side of the wall troops will often not go through the breach after the Blast but run to the closest door instead.  There is a work around for this type of situation.  If your engineers did not even Blast but just ran around to a door you might have something different going on.   

14 hours ago, rogue189 said:

Yes, my guys didn't even try to blast through but ran around the whole complex since the door was on the opposite side of the blast command.

If you have a saved file of that turn a Beta tester with access to the internal BFC CMBS bug reports might be able to verify and report it.   

Think I noticed this in CMBN V4.0 But it was AI players (engineer, breach team) units, always prefering the door. Makes mouse holing for the AI almost impossible. Also noticed an increased tendency for AI units randomly blowing up stuff, like fences and walls when really unnecessary. I need some more dedicated play testing and when I can recreate the issues, I´ll send some save file.