Split teams not reforming

Apache

Just been playing a while with the new v4.  Newly (v4) started scenario (Courage Conquers) under the Allied campaign.  Not sure what's wrong but I have two separate squads both split down into teams but regardless of how long I leave those teams as close to each other as I can get they are not reforming.  Tried everything, except putting them back in a halftrack together to see if that forces a re-join.  Will try it later with a spin off save so I don't waste time with the main scenario

Is it a glitch or anything to do with the the fact they they were understrength to start?  Oddly, one team as broken down into 2nd squad A and B teams but the other one is 3rd squad A snd C teams?

No known issues that I am aware of. The teams need to be in the same action square though not just close. Try this: verify that the two teams really are from the same squad, give them each a quick order to a near by action square and make sure the move way points are right on top of each other. See if that does it. That is what I usually do when a squad is being difficult.

10 minutes ago, melm said:

I think new feature from engine v4 doesn't require two teams are from the same squad.  Correct  me if I am wrong.

Yes it does.  Teams are essential components of a squad.  Not sure what your frame of reference is, but this has always been true and still is. There is a command now to merge squad, but all this does is reorganize the members of the squad by consolidating it's component teams.  It does not allow you to merge teams from disparate squads.

On 1/1/2017 at 10:42 AM, Apache said:

Is it a glitch or anything to do with the the fact they they were understrength to start?  Oddly, one team as broken down into 2nd squad A and B teams but the other one is 3rd squad A snd C teams?

Squads can end up with odd names depending on how and when they get split.  If you have a 3 team squad you can end up with a "3rd Squad" and a split team that could be A, B or C.  Clicking on the squad itself should clarify what teams are still in the squad.  That it is under strength should have nothing to do with them reforming.  The merge squad command was designed to take that under strength squad and consolidate it's teams to be more functional. (so you don't have a squad with 1 survivor in each team and the squad still taking up 3 AS).

If you have a save of that situation I'd be happy to take a look.

7 hours ago, sburke said:

Squads can end up with odd names depending on how and when they get split.  If you have a 3 team squad you can end up with a "3rd Squad" and a split team that could be A, B or C.  Clicking on the squad itself should clarify what teams are still in the squad.  That it is under strength should have nothing to do with them reforming.  The merge squad command was designed to take that under strength squad and consolidate it's teams to be more functional. (so you don't have a squad with 1 survivor in each team and the squad still taking up 3 AS).

If you have a save of that situation I'd be happy to take a look.

Hi.  Thanks.  Cheers.  Been a bit busy.  Will dig out the save.  Presume it it will 'attach' in a PM?