Immobilized Core Units

If I remember correctly, there is a good chance that they will become available again in the next mission, however there is a chance that they will remain out of action. I think chances are generally pretty good that the immobilized vehicle will be returned to you though. Someone else will hopefully come by and give you a more concrete answer/explanation either way. 

I think it depends on how the campaign maker has set it up. They can configure options in the campaign script for the likelihood of destroyed units being replaced or damaged vehicles being repaired. I haven't messed with this recently, but my experience from a couple years ago playing a campaign with very low replace/repair percentages was that immobilized vehicles were gone for good. If the campaign you're playing now is more forgiving you might have a better chance to see those units again.

So what we're saying is that immobilized is same as destroyed and that what determines if the unit/vehicle returns is the replacement and/or repair rate set by the designer?   In the editor are they two separate items that can be adjusted?

Edited by Erwin

The manual does not explicitly define what the various terms mean but there are four settings to control what shape a force is in the next battle:

1. refit
  2. vehicle repair
  3. resupply
  4. rest

For this discussion refit and vehicle repair are the important ones. The values for those settings will control the likelihood that a lost vehicle is replaced in terms of personal and equipment (refit), or if existing damaged vehicles are repaired (vehicle repair). So the settings for those values after the battle in question will control the chances that a damaged vehicle will return to service or a destroyed vehicle will be replaced.  I do wonder what would happen if a vehicle was just immobilized and refit was set to 100% while repair was set to 0% would the vehicle in need of repair be replaced or not.  In other words what is not clear is does refit apply to all lost vehicles or only destroyed vehicles.

Edited by IanL
Fixed typo

I can see from the campaign tree here http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/FinalBlitzkrieg/Campaigns/Kampfgruppe Peiper.html that the first couple of battles Red does not get any refit, repair or resupply.  There is not much in the campaign.

But you should embrace your misfortune and learn from your mistakes and soldier on. :) After all a read commander might very well have faced the same hardship.

The victory will be all the sweeter if you have to work for it.

2 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

I have no idea what this word means.

Resupply - fixed in the original

2 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

I should think that immobilized vehicles due to bogging would come under the category of "Recovery". If that category does not exist in the game as yet, it should be added.

Michael

I think the immobilized vehicles com under the category of vehicle repair so all ready covered.

1 hour ago, IanL said:

I can see from the campaign tree here http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/FinalBlitzkrieg/Campaigns/Kampfgruppe Peiper.html that the first couple of battles Red does not get any refit, repair or resupply.  There is not much in the campaign.

But you should embrace your misfortune and learn from your mistakes and soldier on. :) After all a read commander might very well have faced the same hardship.

The victory will be all the sweeter if you have to work for it.

Nice! Thank you for the link. I didnt know that such a site exists. 

I will keep an eye on the tanks. I wrote down the name of the commanders to see if the tanks will come back.