New set Floatings Icons

JM Stuff

Hi all

following some advices from some guys on the forum (see my recently post), i come back with some news Icons but also with (one) difficulty that i hope to result with your help !

for exemple :

WA8U57.png AvcHFC.png

ACr5V0.png CqcaIm.png

EE8xq5.png 925wOc.png

Difficulty is the edges, from the round form that i can not let transparent (paint net) !

this is why I did it in two version 

1LSuzu.png 0Fq1OG.png

zGRUA1.png 8aXJxS.png

z3jYfy.png yVoCBA.png

m1p9xR.png qLD5QQ.png

1kXquV.png Q4shNh.png

nRCp0A.png 7tELN2.png

More understanding in my opinion and not tooooo much infos !

...Waiting to yours comments critics and recommandations !

Yes bmp files are not really practical cos we can not using transparence and also they are big size dont understand why games dont use jpg or png files but I dont have enough knoledge in this part...yours Icons transparent looking very good, you did probably with photoshop, I dont see another programe for the time...to be continued...

You absolutely can do transparency in the BMP format but only some apps can write the correct format (and still others might default to the wrong one but you can change the settings).  No I did not use Photoshop for those icons. Games use the BMP format because it is a bit map which means you can read it into memory and you are done - OK slight simplification - whereas jpg needs translation and interpretation to reconstitute the image. Bottom line using more storage space but less CPU requirements makes since for a game.

A few versions ago I looked at getting Paint.Net to save BMPs in the needed format and failed.  I even found a plug-in that was supposed to help but it did not. I concluded that Paint.Net could not do it so I am using Greenfish Icon editor instead.  Or was it Art weaver.  I forget :-) but it is in that link I posted a few posts ago. If a newer version of Paint.Net works that would be great but I have not looked in a while.

Transparency in BMP files and Combat mission is a nightmare! The correct format must be 32-bit RGBA. Must programs can add an alpha channel to a BMP, but save the file in a bit field format. This isn't accepted by CM. The only program that I have found with reliable result is ImageMagic. But it's nearly a pure command line tool.

17 hours ago, Scipio said:

Transparency in BMP files and Combat mission is a nightmare! The correct format must be 32-bit RGBA. Must programs can add an alpha channel to a BMP, but save the file in a bit field format. This isn't accepted by CM. The only program that I have found with reliable result is ImageMagic. But it's nearly a pure command line tool.

Hi friend have loading ImageMagic but like you said is really basic have perhaps a solution with Photofilter 7 have to make some test and tell you the result...