Saving (again).. Help!!

Gentlemen,

I've posted before but did not receive a reply.

How do i save a game? I've searched the forum and read the manual. I use the alt-S save key, enter a save name, but cannot find the file in the saved games directory, or in any directory. CM is not loaded onto c: drive, is this the problem, i can't see that it would be. Could someone please be kind enough to tell me specifically how to save a game this is very frustrating. I know it can't be that difficult and that i must be missing something obvious. File name extensions, wrong harddrive, i don't know.

Thanks, i really want to play some games.

Yours,

You press Alt-S to save games. Name the file and hit ok. It is saved in the saved games sub-folder in the cmbo directory.

By not loading CM onto drive C maybe your problem. I would suggest unistalling it and then reinstall onto drive C.

Hope this will help.

It's not the hard drive issue, I have CM installed to my "D" drive and it works and saves perfectly. You don't enter an extension when you name the file, the program does it for you. Are you on a Mac or a PC? What is the exact, step by step, keystroke by keystroke procedure you use when trying to save. Include everything, even "I hold down the ALT key and then simultaneously press the "S" key". I suspect you're right, it's something off the wall that you're doing but without the exact sequence we probably won't figure it out.

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Shaw (edited 07-09-2000).]

Hi Dreghorn,

Alt-S should definitely work.

The problem I think, is that you must install CM into the directory that is suggested by the installer program. If you change the directory, then the save-game won't work. Try to reinstall into the default directory and see if it does the trick. I had the same thing happen to me.

p.

Damn,

After reading this I realize I have the same problem too!! I press Alt-s and I dont get any questions about file name. I just assumed the file was saved to Auto-save. But even when I load the autosave I noticed it was a turn behind.

I cant intall to C:. I have only 400meg left and I want that resevered for swap.

Is BTS aware of this?

GP