Whats going on with TCP/IP support?!

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, well ducked duck.

I think the thing is that TCPIP will take a while to code whereas the tweaks and bugs being requested will be much quicker to do. My guess is that Charles decided that he would make people as happy as possable now becuase once TCPIP work really gets going there wont be any more patches until completition smile.gif

For my part, and I know I'm to some degree a minority ( and need to get out more) but I don't have the time to play others... I know that the game really gets interesting against humans vs the ai my iMac generates. TCP is very low on my list of must get it dones for BTS. Maybe once the insanity of moving and remodelliing dies down I'' be ready to play well with others.

One of the things that lead me to buy the product was that it wasnt sold in a store, NO flashy box of a cool BANNER screen that never appears in the game, and misleading comments from some madison ave buffoon that just looked away from a crack pipe. plain brown wrapper, from looking around the site i gathered that this company is down to earth, listening to the players and trying to serve up some of the best war gaming to date. and that tcp/ip is on its way, personally il wait that out, because id rather have a well planned and executed tcp/ip interface than a hacked up 11th hour, ship the dammed product NOW and let the players deal with it situation. and my last spew will be, it said on the page in plain english, no refunds no return, that means you bought it AS IS. and from the looks of it they will deliver the goods.

Sparks

------------------

Its not the end of the earth, but i can see it from here!

TCP/IP...I really do not need it...playing a complex wargame/consim like CM while the other guy is waiting for my turn...wait, hmmm lets play some ASL...come on...30 minutes, and NOT one SINGLE counter moved...whats up with you?

The complex level of this gem of a wargame fits perfectly to PBEM, but not TCP/IP...at least I prefer to think before I issue orders.

But this is just my humble opinion...20 years of wargaming spoiled me, I guess wink.gif

Fred

------------------

"I got signals, I got readings, in front and behind of us!" - PFC Hudson on LV-426 mission

It's worth remembering that part of what makes TCP/IP more complicated is thati t own't simply be PBEM while the other guy waits (as fred indicated). Instead, BOTH people will be issuing their orders simulatenously and watching the film simulatenously..cutting out a lot of the dead time.

As I understand it (and I may be wrong), there will also be the option of timers for turns, so you could allow a max of 5 minutes (or whatever you choose) for both players to give their orders per turn.

Many may not like or use the timers, but it's worth remembering that timed chess is a popular competition game, as is non-timed chess. Just because you prefer one to the other does not mean that there is no benefit to the other or that others have no interest in it.

I for one am very much looking forward to playing TCP/IP on our LAN...it would be even better if they allowed multiple players per side..something to hope for in later installments!

Onnel