Buying CMN for the first time help

9 hours ago, angelotax said:

Shouldn't be the same for fortress Italy ?

I swear , i checked that several times and the "this is engine v 3.0" wasn't there...

I must be nut.

If your version says it is ver. 1.20, you are good to go as that is the most up to date CMFI.  This all can be very confusing for new peeps to CMx2.

Edited by Blazing 88's

I do not have any versions yet.

The question is , if i eventualy buy CMFI now, and shell out 55$ , there's a chance i get the lastest version without shelling another 10 bucks out more for the upgrade ?

I'm now still with FB and getting my butt kicked already in the second tutorial campaign mission, but eventually considering other purchases i want to understand what i get for the money: since it seems you can get the latest entries already at 3.0 engine, there's no chance i'll get an older one for 65$ because it needs a separate purchase to be upgraded.

I see now. 

I purchased CMFI when it first came out and have upgraded as each new version came out.  Someone else will have to get you the answer you are looking for as I am not sure what you get now when you buy CMFI base game these days...  Sorry.

Edited by Blazing 88's

The Battlefront store shows CMFI v3.0 upgrade as a separate product costing USD$10 to purchase.  CMFI + CMGL bundle = $65.  CMFI by itself = $55.  CMGL by itself = $35 but requires that you own CMFI first.  (http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=37&Itemid=26)

If you can afford it, I recommend the CMFI + CMGL bundle for USD$65, then getting v3.0 for another USD$10.  It really is worth it.

Edited by Badger73

4 hours ago, Badger73 said:

The Battlefront store shows CMFI v3.0 upgrade as a separate product costing USD$10 to purchase.  CMFI + CMGL bundle = $65.  CMFI by itself = $55.  CMGL by itself = $35 but requires that you own CMFI first.  (http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=37&Itemid=26)

If you can afford it, I recommend the CMFI + CMGL bundle for USD$65, then getting v3.0 for another USD$10.  It really is worth it.

Yes, yes it is. 

Also, there is an Africa Mod /scenario's made for it as well.  Those can downloaded at CMMOD's /Scenario Depot III.

From the Battlefront store site:

This bundle includes both "Combat Mission Fortress Italy" and the first module, "Gustav Line", in one attractive money-saving package!  This bundle uses the v2.0 Engine until we have a chance to update it.  Until that time we have discounted this bundle an additional $10 so that you can upgrade to v3.0 without further costs.

I bought the bundle when it first was available and I paid $75 for the bundle and then i bought the upgrade to 3.0 for another $10 later making my total $85. At $75 you get a good deal and I will second or third the statement that this game is worth the money.