Adapting military tactics to skip school

I am skipping school right now. This time of year at my school, everyone cuts class. It's a tradition. So right before lunch, everyone has to get to their cars in the student parking lot.

Trouble. Teachers, hall monitors and cops blocked the exits to the student parking lot. So, I had to think,

"If this was a combat mission scenario, what would I do?"

I went out on the the doors and attacked the parking lot from the right flank, I had complete defilade because of the hilly topography around my school. I cut out and advanced to my car without being spotted and drove away. Mission Successful. A Capt. Manieri major victory. Thank you Combat Mission!

That is pretty funny.

All you people who are using CM to get into wargames, you are in for a treat. As a long time ASL player, my wife often gets creeped out by me.

We will be driving or walking along, and I will start looking at a particular hill or something, and she will ask what I am so interested in. I usually reply something like "That crest line there would be an excellent spot for a HMG. You could dominate this entire valley! You would need some support though, since the MG crew would be blind along their right flank...".

CM should be even better at this than ASL. One of the coolest thing about this game is the ability to get the 1st person perspective. It really allows you to visulaize your fields of fire any advance routes.

Jeff Heidman

I hadn't played a wargame since "Conflict in Vietnam" by Microprose (back in the day when MP made quality stuff) when I tried CM. Now I, too, walk around the ranch here in Montana and look around for hull-down positions, good strategic ridges, places that could be turned into killing fields with a well placed ambush... I think I'm sick... smile.gif

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

Guest Zulu1

Well I'm disappointed in you Manieri. You call that a victory. Why didn't you call in artillery to lay a smokescreen and then supress the enemy. A couple of assault teams could have taken out those teachers and freed more of your compatriots. The object is to inflict maximum casualties on your enemy, not slink away smile.gifsmile.gifwink.gif

If they had barbed wire and minefields around your school you won't have been successful with your "Quick Dash" strategy. Have you done some proper scouting? What if there was an AT pillbox around?

Ask Black Sabot what happens if you enter a certain area without any reconnaissance biggrin.gif

UgaChaka, UgaChaka

( Schuggers Victory Dance)