Lancing the Abscess

Just wanted to let John Martina know how much I enjoyed his scenario.  This was a gigantic battle and I am exhausted at having finally finished it.  It took a while but I got the AI to surrender with about 30 minutes to go playing on Elite.

There were a lot of subtleties to the map that had to be carefully handled.  LOS was also a concern.  The AI just didn't want to give up, and I found myself held up time and again by determined GIs who only broke when overwhelmed by firepower or died in their foxholes.  It had a very realistic feel to it.

Of course riding Tigers into battle was a treat, but they were vulnerable and you had to be careful with them.

Well worth the effort if you have the determination to stick with the long time frame and don't mind pushing lots of tanks and infantry across a very nicely done map.

Heinrich505