Need to play. =(

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gaffertape:

I'm game, Kitty, although I do not have ICQ.

Have you upgraded to 1.05?

Send a turn. I'll play whatever you like.

- Shaun

GAFFERTAPE<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I have 1.05. =)

Kitty

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by L.Tankersley:

Hey, were you ever able to dl that last turn file I sent you? My British paras are eager to kill your last PzIV...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hotmail still insists that the file you sent has a virus and although I know you wouldn't intentionally send me a virus I'm scared to d/l it. =(

Kitty

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

Hotmail still insists that the file you sent has a virus and although I know you wouldn't intentionally send me a virus I'm scared to d/l it. =(

Kitty<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a problem with Hotmail, not the file. I was getting the same thing, where Hotmail insisted that every attached file contained a virus. They don't. The file's perfectly safe.

You've got 2 alternatives-

1) keep pounding the "view attachment" link in Hotmail until the stupid thing finally realizes that the file is fine.

2) if you've got another email account, either forward the file to that account, or have your opponent send the file directly there.

Hope this helps.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Due to liability issues, Hotmail, a MS product, will almost always report attached files as virus infected.

Just like the warning you get in Office products when a macro is noticed. I write excel programs for work, and users have to be convinced with a personal visit it is okay to use open files with Macros that "may have viruses".

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wilhammer:

Due to liability issues, Hotmail, a MS product, will almost always report attached files as virus infected.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not on mine. This was/is the first and only time any attached file has ever been reported to contain a virus and I get mail w/attachments multiple times a day.

Still fearful,

Kitty

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

Not on mine. This was/is the first and only time any attached file has ever been reported to contain a virus and I get mail w/attachments multiple times a day.

Still fearful,

Kitty<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had this problem to when I started play CMBO PBEM. If you have Outlook Express use it to open your email.

O.E. will bypass the hotmail virus warning and then you can check the file for a virus manually if you so choose.

Hope this helps.

Navare

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Navare:

I had this problem to when I started play CMBO PBEM. If you have Outlook Express use it to open your email.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish I could use OE, I always have when I was able to pay for an ISP but my current(free) ISP doesn't provide me with a compatible mail acct.

i assume these are zipped files that are reporting the virus's yes?

i ask my email oppenents to just attach the file as text, stupid hotmail opens them instead of saving the file, but then i just cut & paste into my own text document and save that...

i do this because text files can never transmit a virus, so hotmail always lets them through....

of course, you need a simple text editor to do this, not some idiotic thing like wordpad that will try to format your text to make it look better!

personally, i downloaded and use TxEdit - very basic text editor much like notepad, but able to handle the larger cut & pastes required by email games....

if you'd like more info on how to do this, i'm willing to elaborate!

of course, it might be easier to just get another email service, like start or something! biggrin.gif

I pbem'ed via Hotmail for a while. For each attached file I had to press "view attachment" sometimes as much as 20 times(!!!)

I usually am a fairly stable person, but this made me say some foul words about Hotmail occasionally...

Since, I started to use another mail-deliverer (my ISP), and that works like a charm.

Btw, for your info: I mailed Hotmail staff, and got the answer that you simply can't disable McAffee. And Hotmail refuses to let text-files (even renamed) stay as attachments, but always opens them in a new browser-window.

If you are going to do a lot of pbem-ing; get another mail-account, it's worth it, even if it costs.

Oh, another thing, in Hotmail, limit for attachements is 1mb...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Splinty:

Hey Kitty,try Juno,it's free and I have had very few problems with it.(no this is not a plug,just a thought smile.gif).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. I used to use that one. Anyway, I finally got unscared enough to d/l the file in question (w/Norton Anti-Virus standing by me) and it was ok. =)

Problem is that I sent it to Mr. Tankersley and haven't heard back from him. =(

Kitty