Bating RPG's

BTR

Playing on the Ukrainian side, I feel like two Hinds on standby is a bit of overkill. More so considering there is only one MANPADS available to the Russian side and that Ukrainian side gets IFV platoon as reinforcements. Lack of rudimentary mortar support (82mm) on the Russian and Ukrainian sides seems a little weird considering how artillery reliant infantry has become in the eastern Ukrainian conflicts. 

On TOE's in particular, MANPADS operators come in structured squads of three members (one section leader) all of which have launches. Outside irregulars, I don't see one tube just tagging along on a convoy ambush. I don't think you need to update your particular scenario, these are just my observations. 

Edited by BTR

Very much enjoyed this AAR.  Lots of lessons to be learned. 

FWIW I thought that guarding the ford was a good idea.  Urban combat (clearing the town) to get to the bridge could have been very costly for the Ukrainians.  It appears as if there are better long range fire possibilities for the Ukrainian vehicles at the ford than in town.  As the attacker I would have considered the ford first simply to avoid urban combat.

The problems for the Russians were compounded when the units, esp snipers, were not moved after firing.  Leaving units in one place after firing for a minute or longer is usually fatal.  However, it appears that safe retreat routes were not thought out and many were killed trying to retreat.