Great site for anyone into 1:287 and 1:300 miniatures

Was looking up the M88 Hercules in response to a friend's query, when I came across the very cool site called MicroArmorMayhem. This site has loads of information on the current releases and past offerings of anybody and everybody in this scale, including a wealth of out of the box and modded pieces. AFVs, artillery, softskins, radars, SAMs, MRLs, even jammers. And lots of aircraft, too. You would not believe the incredibly diverse gear out there. I was blown away, for there were many items I'd never heard of until then. Am afraid you'll have to provide your own .com, for the site is a mix of information and ads for some of the minis. Am going to let brother George know, since he makes wonderful exacting 1:285 scale master models for aircraft, which are then produced by others.

Regards,

John Kettler 

Edited by John Kettler

On 7. Mai 2016 at 2:53 AM, John Kettler said:

Was looking up the M88 Hercules in response to a friend's query, when I came across the very cool site called MicroArmorMayhem. This site has loads of information on the current releases and past offerings of anybody and everybody in this scale, including a wealth of out of the box and modded pieces. AFVs, artillery, softskins, radars, SAMs, MRLs, even jammers. And lots of aircraft, too. You would not believe the incredibly diverse gear out there. I was blown away, for there were many items I'd never heard of until then. Am afraid you'll have to provide your own .com, for the site is a mix of information and ads for some of the minis. Am going to let brother George know, since he makes wonderful exacting 1:285 scale master models for aircraft, which are then produced by others.

Regards,

John Kettler 

Hi John

Eh, you would not, just by chance, know some place to buy 1/400 WW1 pilots? Once I have seen them on EBay, but never found again.

And I am still not happy with my first few sets of Wings of War planes. Planes without pilots simply don't look right. ?

StieliAlpha,

Not off the top of my head, but I'll ping brother George. He might know. Who made 1/400 planes?  Couldn't find any so far. Ros Heroics makes 1/300. I got to play WoW, I think, a few years ago. Was blown away by the planes the host provided. Truth be told, it never occurred to me to look for pilots. This may indicate a marketing op for somebody. Also, in an event which sorely tried my sanity while digging, I visited a site called The FlyingMule ( no "the" or dash in the URL), which has a positively head warping gigantic range of pre-made and painted 1/72 scale AFVs and soft-skins. Things I've never heard of, still less seen any model of. Covers WW II and Modern (Cold War and current). That's how I learned there are two Dingoes. There's the familiar British one and the modern German one. Who knew? These appear to be great, space efficient game room or desktop immersion aids.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

There are 1/400 scale figures, but they are for the 1/400 scale passenger planes and buildings. As far as I can tell, the only planes in that scale are passenger and military cargo planes., Now there are military figures for 1/350 scale of all types, but they would not work well with the smaller scale planes.

The 1/400 planes are or were available for WoW, complete with all playing equipment. Certainly not perfect scale models, but quite nice. And of course, a huge boost for this table top like game. Can't remember exactly, but I think they had something like 7 or 8 sets, which 6 planes each. One plane did cost about 7 Euros.

@ John: Don't worry about the marketing opportunity. Long since endeavoured in great depth. And taken to extremes by Star Wars: X-Wing lately.