PIAT vs houses

The PIAT is very effective against tanks and bunkers, but I don't seem to have much luck using it against infantry in houses. But I read that it was often used as a "house buster" during the war.

Am I just being unlucky or should it really be weak against targets in buildings?

I think it's decently effective, I see a lot of kills from HEAT weapons on infantry in houses in general, though it doesn't really have a "clearing" effect, just creates some casualties. I think the difference is that the game doesn't consider houses to be small enclosed spaces in the same way as bunkers, so a PIAT hit just creates a small-sized blast when it hits. But I do find it pretty effective against troops - I notice that it's more commonly fired on buildings when you give it a target/area target order as opposed to just letting troops fire them on their own.

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:25 PM, CCIP said:

I think the difference is that the game doesn't consider houses to be small enclosed spaces in the same way as bunkers, so a PIAT hit just creates a small-sized blast when it hits.

Well, as building interiors are abstracted, it makes sense that only some of the men in the house are going to be in the "room" the PIAT / HEAT hit.

31 minutes ago, Baneman said:

Well, as building interiors are abstracted, it makes sense that only some of the men in the house are going to be in the "room" the PIAT / HEAT hit.

Yes, I just can't seem to really kill any enemy in the house with the PIAT. Had a sniper situation where the only way I could get to the sniper was firing the PIAT against a windowless wall of the house. Fired five PIATs, then entered, finding the sniper team alive and well. Probably I was just unlucky.

Edited by Bulletpoint