Patches - A Real Dog's Breakfast

I'm very fortunate to have passed the CMBN Upgrade process on my computers, however a less computer savvy associate has not.

We had both ordered CMBN when it first came out and I patched as the patches came out and after some effort, managed to re-install and re-patch when I got a new computer.

I notice that my store account has my purchase history, which goes from 1.0 through to 3.0, which is nice.

Then I noticed http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127908

My buddy won't make it through that dog's breakfast of an upgrade process, which probably took considerable time to research and compile.

My recommendation is that if someone has bought 1.0 through to 3.0, that they should just be able to download 3.0 whole and not go through that pain.

In the meantime, I submitted a 'rant' ticket to the fine folks at BF.

Ah you are a little behind the times there.  The patching process was a mess and that is exactly why BFC made it work just like you suggested.  So your rant is preaching to the chior. :)

The download link in your store account for the v3 update is a full install of everything.  One download and one install and you are done.

Note: the version up there might still be 3.11 which is missing the battle pack and 3.12 patch I have not paid attention to if it has been updated yet.

5 minutes ago, IanL said:

Ah you are a little behind the times there.  The patching process was a mess and that is exactly why BFC made it work just like you suggested.  So your rant is preaching to the chior. :)

The download link in your store account for the v3 update is a full install of everything.  One download and one install and you are done.

Note: the version up there might still be 3.11 which is missing the battle pack and 3.12 patch I have not paid attention to if it has been updated yet.

Thanks. I'll pass that along to my buddy.

In the meantime, I'm wearing my patch experience medals with pride.

I might also start clearing out my CMBN download directories of 100, 101, 110, 111, 200, 201, 212 and so on. . . 

Edited by Johnny Canuck

21 hours ago, IanL said:

Interesting. Last time, a long while ago, I ran through the whole "patch from scratch" process, too.

Just out of curiosity and because I may need it next year: If I now can install V3.0 of CMBN right away, what happens to my old versions of CW and MG? How and when would I install them? Or do I install really everything in one go with this V3.0 install and only need to enter the registration codes for CW and MG at the end? THAT would indeed be perfect.

Edited by StieliAlpha