Good vid on US antitank weapons

In a failed attempt to locate firing footage of the US M5 3-Inch Gun, I came across this mostly right survey (doesn't understand effective range vs max range) video, which has lots of grog juiciness. Sadly, the ATGs go up only to 37 mm as far as footage, and somehow the 57 mm is skipped altogether in stills and video, but there is footage of both the 57 mm and 75 mm recoilless rifles.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Find! Digitally restored once RESTRICTED 194 3training film "Crack That Tank." How the US infantry is trained to kill tanks. This is fun and educational, with lots of great diverse AFV footage, including the strangest WW II AFV I've ever seen, FA, tacair, mines and ATGs. but the meat of this is on how infantry (in the prebazooka period) fights tanks. Of particular note are what proper foxholes like like, likewise fighting positions for heavier weapons, what's probably the earliest US HEAT rifle grenade, Molotov cocktails, the leverage buttoning up the enemy gives the infantry (reduces tank combat effectiveness by 3/4 according to the tank sergeant in the film) and how little can be seen through a periscope.

Oh! Almost forgot to say that if you go to Bil's Combat Vignettes, I posted a TD vid which has the previously no footage found  M5 3-Inch gun on during range firing.

Regards,

John Kettler