Humvee Paradrop

Years ago a friend of mine who was in the army at the time told me he was watching a paradrop mission in which a Sheridan tank was dropped. The 'chute malfunctioned and the tank proceeded to plunge to earth at a high rate of knots. My friend said that after they dug it out of the ground it was about three feet high.

Your taxes at work.

Michael

StieliAlpha,

I heard about this from a friend, but hearing is nothing like watching it! Pity the camera res was so poor!  This song seems apt, but the lyrics are going to take some work. Perhaps some clever person can take this mega hit and turn into "It's Running Hummers" or something.

Michael Emrys,

Scary, but would love to see the footage. The first Sheridan I saw was in a newspaper pic Mom cut out for me during the Vietnam War. The image showed this bizarre flattened thing lying on a hillside next to a road. Turns out that mines and M551s don't mix, leaving the suspension completely collapsed. And since we've already got Hummers raining down, how about other paradrop mishaps?

Regards,

John Kettler

5 hours ago, John Kettler said:

And since we've already got Hummers raining down, how about other paradrop mishaps?

I'm glad they included the one at about 1:15 and again a little later. I saw that one before a few years ago and it made me laugh how it kept rolling, rolling, rolling. Somebody forgot to set the parking brake!

Michael

On 25. April 2016 at 5:14 AM, Michael Emrys said:

I'm glad they included the one at about 1:15 and again a little later. I saw that one before a few years ago and it made me laugh how it kept rolling, rolling, rolling. Somebody forgot to set the parking brake!

Michael

Yep, nice to see that "****" happens everywhere. ? ?????? Eh, what?