Scottish Corridor - do I need to save my arty for later?

Just started the Scottish Corridor campaign (late to the party, I know).. I have artillery available but I'm not sure if I use it in the first mission, I won't have it for later missions?

In "Road to Montebourg" there were several missions where you had to decide to use artillery or not, and if you used it in one mission, you wouldn't have it for other missions. But it warned you about that in the briefing, whereas in this mission, there is no such warning. I just don't want to end up in a later mission that might be impossible to win because I don't have any fire support left.

Thanks for the info. I've just arrived at the third mission. The brave Brits seem to lack firepower, but I enjoy playing them much more than the Americans. Seems almost like a WW1 force, with their masses of slow firing rifle infantry, sluggish fire support and lumbering Churchill tanks bogging down in the mud.

Getting used to fighting as the British takes time. I've gotten my Limey arse kicked twice trying this campaign. And I suspect that the same thing will happen if I ever try it again. I do like the 25lbr, you can get a nice tight barrage from them. The Churchills do need some careful handling. I think all in all this campaign is a pretty good reflection of what EPSOM was like. A tough fight fought in crap weather. 

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Getting used to fighting as the British takes time. I've gotten my Limey arse kicked twice trying this campaign. And I suspect that the same thing will happen if I ever try it again. I do like the 25lbr, you can get a nice tight barrage from them. The Churchills do need some careful handling. I think all in all this campaign is a pretty good reflection of what EPSOM was like. A tough fight fought in crap weather. 

I enjoy the challenge. Are the 25 pounders inherently more accurate than the American artilley? I only did one strike with them so far, and didn't notice any tighter spread.

A few books I've read over the years have called them the best Medium gun of the war. But, that might just be bias on the part of some UK based authors. Also, I'm not sure how the game handles barrage accuracy. I did, just for my own amusement, run a little test the other day. I gave the 25lbrs a small area target on a clump of trees.  Three trees lost all of their leaves, and one tree disappeared altogether. Which seemed pretty good to me.

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

A few books I've read over the years have called them the best Medium gun of the war. But, that might just be bias on the part of some UK based authors. Also, I'm not sure how the game handles barrage accuracy. I did, just for my own amusement, run a little test the other day. I gave the 25lbrs a small area target on a clump of trees.  Three trees lost all of their leaves, and one tree disappeared altogether. Which seemed pretty good to me.

Not sure I understand your test exactly.. Would you say the tree damage wouldn't have happened with the US artillery ?

17 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

In the meantime I hope that you do better in this campaign than I have done in the past.

I've been doing ok, with a couple of real howlers. Bunching up to take out an enemy mortar, only to have it dump a bomb straight into the crowd. Getting into a house where only the first floor was cleared, then sending an important team running straight up to third floor without scouting first, getting them minced. That kind of thing. But I have plenty of tea and biscuits, and even some whisky on hand for when things go wrong, so I should be able to pull through with the lads.