Save game? Where are they?

This really bugs me. I save a game so that I can either come back later (as in the longer battles) or so that I can go back if my orders flop miserably. The problem is that I can't find the files anywhere to load them up and resume play again. Anybody out there able to tell me where they are? Also, why isn't there a menu or such that says, to the effect, resume play?

Regards,

Eric

On the main screen I click on "Play Game" and there are no scenarios there that I have saved. I have looked elsewhere and there is nothing there either such as creat scenario. I had a feeling that this was going to be one of those questions that nobody would answer because it would be painfully obvious that the person asking is an idiot, but the fact still remains that I can't find my saved games.

I have even bought the game again just to obtain another manual after my three little kids destroyed/lost the original and that doesn't mention it either. This added to my feelings about the question not needing to be asked because it would be easy for someone to figure out. For some reason it's not in my game.

If someone could walk me through exactly where my saved games should be I'll look and maybe it was overlooked before. You never know.

Regards,

Eric

That's what I thought it should look like. Under the saved games in my CMBO folder there is nothing there. When I take the disk out and try to start up the game it tells me to put the disk back in. I guess my next question is- how do I get around this?

Thank you very much for your help, Wicky!

Regards,

Eric

Originally posted by junk2drive:

Do it quick. Once you are addicted to CM the wife will hide the disc and blame the kids.

Good one! What she doesn't know is that I secretly already have a second disc! Mwahahaha! I followed all of the advice and I am glad to say that I was able to save properly now and I'm in business. I can now save any game and pick it back up again when time permits. I may be in trouble when I load up the Barbarossa to Berlin disc.

Regards,

Eric

preachereric,

Good to hear you've fixed the problem, and if you get CMBB, why not get CMAK as well in the bargain cheap as chips multi-pack. CMBO is so retro :D

Kingfish,

Playing it PBEM as Soviets, and it's fricking fiendish. As I said to my opponent less than half-way through, I need the fog to clear and some land-lease B-52s to lend a hand.

I'll e-mail you when it's complete, that's if I don't headbutt my monitor to smithereens in the meantime :mad:

Wicky- I'm still learning tactics and such with CMBO. In a way CMBB sounds downright evil. And PBEM? I'm not ready for that at all! Some day I will be and then we'll see what happens. I really need to work on tactics first though. I tend to throw all I have into the ring first. I'm working on sending in infantry first, then armor, etc. Besides, I know full well that there is a legion of folks out there prowling around waiting for fresh meat such as myself to walk into their sights.

It was only because of your help that I got my problem fixed. Big tip o' the hat to you for that! I would also love to get that email whenever you're ready with it. It should give me an idea what CMBB is like.

Regards,

Eric