Battle of Palmyra March 2016

I second this post :) But I'm no good designer 

Hey, is there space for mission writing in CM series.. does it ever happen.. that is., a person or two trash out a mission idea, or scenario, YET a more dedicated and pro user will actually design the scene

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 10:14 PM, borg said:

I second this post :) But I'm no good designer 

Hey, is there space for mission writing in CM series.. does it ever happen.. that is., a person or two trash out a mission idea, or scenario, YET a more dedicated and pro user will actually design the scene

I'm sure it has happened, from my viewpoint I see these as issues:

Accurate map making in CMSF is a chore because it lacks the overlay feature introduced with the WW2 titles. My experience of map making in CMSF is that this generally consumes the bulk of the time - some of my maps have been months of work - and it does tend to put me off these days.

Most of the established scenario designers still active in the Community (eg JonS, GeorgeMC) are working on WW2 projects now.

Collaborative working quite often leads to exactly the opposite!!!

I don't think many people are short of ideas - I have heaps of ideas for this title, but it is down to time to create them. In fact I still have quite a few half finished projects lurking on my hard drive that I still want to complete but struggle to get them out of the door.

The sad truth is - unless more people get into the editor and start cranking scenarios out, there is unlikely to be much more new content for CMSF. I really hope that the title does get a makeover with some of the newer features - especially the map overlay, bridges and water - it could tempt scenario designers back.

The action shown in the vicinity of the castle in the video might be a good one. You should be able to find Palmyra Castle quite easily on google earth

i agree that issues like the lack of water features are an issue but not so much in the Palmyra area. The overlay feature makes life easier when it comes to map making although we are not looking for a 100% accurate map here, just a reasonable and playable facsimile of the area for a war game.

Likewise we don't know the strength of forces in the vicinity. A platoon or two for ISIS and probably a company sized Syran force with tanks and mayb some irregulars. A couple of Syrian aircraft and very limited artillery in support given the requirement to preserve an important archaeological/heritage site