Reinstall blues

Had to reinstall CMBN on new computer after reset. Getting guys with no helmets and CW troops sporting black ninja outfits..

An error due to not following the intricacies of the multiple patches and upgrades?

I had to go through the same thing several months back.  A bit of a PITA.  New buyers have it easier I think but for those of us that have to re-install we have more hoops to jump through.  BFC made an installer that speeds things up for us but the details of this installer can be a bit hard to figure out.  Since it has been several months I don't remember all the details (not that I ever fully understood them all).  The below thread has some useful information that should help.  Hard to tell from the title but down around reply #11 it starts to talk about the installer thing which finally got me through the process.  Hope this helps. 

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120403-ui-not-found-please-check-that-you-have-the-proper-ui-resource-files/ 

The reinstall blues should be a thing if the past for anyone who upgraded to v3.  The v3 installer that anyone who bought it can access has been updated to be the latest patched version over time.  Last I checked the current one is 3.11 but I would expect 3.12 will be there at some point.  So, if you ever need to start over it pays to go get the latest dl available to you under your v3 upgrade store purchase.

The reinstall blues should be a thing if the past for anyone who upgraded to v3.  The v3 installer that anyone who bought it can access has been updated to be the latest patched version over time.  Last I checked the current one is 3.11 but I would expect 3.12 will be there at some point.  So, if you ever need to start over it pays to go get the latest dl available to you under your v3 upgrade store purchase.

So... you're saying that once you install the base game all you need to bring it up to speed is the 3.0 patch?

I initially installed BN on this new PC- and it worked, albeit with a lot of labor. Then I had to revert Windows to the factory state due to an unrelated issue. I'm at the point if I have to go through that again- re-installing BN-  I'd rather do something else. Like sticking needles in my eye.

So... you're saying that once you install the base game all you need to bring it up to speed is the 3.0 patch?

Actually no it is even easier than that.  The v3 upgrade installer is a full stand alone install that lets you go from nothing to fully up and running in one install step + n activations.  Forget all the older installs and patches and upgrade files you have lying around - there can be only one.

1-Installed BN base

2- Activated 3.0.

3- Activated modules, one by one. Success! (according to pop-up)

Now the pixel soldiers are invisible. With curious left side screen info, showing spotting results. Also, weapons misidentified on mouse over. Opening screen not showing MG or CW module icons although a 'success!' when activating via module.

2.jpg

Edited by Childress

Oh man that sucks. 

So for step "1-Installed BN base" what did you install?  Was it the 10Gb installer that comes from the v3 upgrade?

If your answer is yes then you are past the level of help that the self help section is going to be able to give and I would advise you to open a help desk ticket.