Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Tentative Contact Icons

I was experimenting around with the tentative contact icons often referred to as sound contacts.  The four types of tentative contacts as I understand it are: Infantry, Transport, Light Armor and Armor.  Took some screenshots and thought I would share.  

1Tentative%20Contacts%20Test020216_zpsom

The cool icon mods were done by @IanL 

2Tentative%20Contacts%20Test020216_zpsyq

Hmmm, those are kind of nice. I wonder if there might not be a little too differentiation of some vehicle types though. That could give away too much information of tactical significance. For instance, it might not be that easy to reliably tell the difference between light armor and transport since they both use similar engines and usually both run on wheels. Half tracks of whatever sort would have to be special case though, because although they use the engines of transports, they also have tracks.

Anyway, it's something to think about and I feel like this is headed in the right direction.

Michael

Edited by Michael Emrys

Headed in the right direction?  I'm not sure what are you getting at those are the ? icon category as determined by the game.  As those are using my icon mod the contact icons are just the game's contact icons dressed up differently I did not change them.  As for the spotted ones those are a version of the German tactical symbols (some I had to dream up and technically the Germans did not use these icons for individual vehicles or units below the size of a Platoon).

Or are you suggesting that I make a single small vehicle icon and use if for trucks, armoured cars, half tracks and light tanks?  Right now trucks and armoured cars get one ? icon and half tracks and light tanks get another.  I think that breaks down along wheels vs track lines already.

Or are you suggesting that I make a single small vehicle icon and use if for trucks, armoured cars, half tracks and light tanks?

No, I was just thinking out loud. Probably shouldn't do that publicly. <_<

Right now trucks and armoured cars get one ? icon and half tracks and light tanks get another.  I think that breaks down along wheels vs track lines already.

I guess that is about as reasonable as we're likely to get anytime soon.

Michael