Tutorial

Hi, have the red thumder demo where is the best place to look for a good indepth tutorial of game play? thanks.

Could you please be a little more specific?  What things are you looking explained?

1)  The game interface buttons / using the GUI?
    2)  How scenario's, campaigns, and quick battles work?
    3)  Effective player tactics?
    4)  Combat support process to call artillery and air strikes?

Each topic has different tutorial information available; such as Armchair General Tactics 101 videos, Bil Hardinger's Battle Drill, Bootie's TFGM & Ithikial's & Proambulator's YouTube tutorials.  Let us know and someone will direct you shortly!  Welcome to Combat Mission.  Enjoy!

When I started playing (almost exactly 1 year ago), I found Games Pusher's "Monster Combat Mission Normandy Tutorial" video to be both helpful and enjoyable. It's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbE8795rt2s -- a good passive source that you can watch as you're going to sleep or whatever. Also, Armchair General's Tactics Tutorials helped quite a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ6dDlqye9Q 

For true depth of knowledge, though, there's really no substitute for the manuals. Sounds boring, I know, but they're all very well written and are densely packed with useful info. 

For more obscure issues and tips about how the AI 'thinks' or whatever, the best source of knowledge is undoubtedly the veteran forum members here. They've been tremendously helpful.

So I'd say just start with the very basics -- the move and targeting commands -- and then jump right in and play and experiment. Do a forum search when you have major questions. (Note that a google search with site:community.battlefront.com appended to the end has some advantages over a standard forum search, IMO.) And when that's not helpful, just ask. Some people have been playing this game and browsing the forums for nearly 5 years, and they'll answer you without biting your head off even if your question has been asked before....

Good luck and have fun.

Edited by sttp
typos and such....

Yeah I have to second that.  I only started playing CM a few months ago and for any question I have posted I have always received helpful and informative answers with plenty of comedy thrown in, you'll learn that alot of the veterans here have blackadderesque humour.  So don't be shy the forum here and over at FGM are not like some other games forums where people hammer you as a noob for asking a question.  Hope you enjoy the battlefields and seeing your brave and glorious pixeltruppen getting blasted to pieces.  Have fun.

Edited by Doc844
Spelling