Few questions.

AlexD

Hello, I have few questions after some gaming experience in RT.

1. Soviet commanders without radio and any links with anyone who this radio have, easy can call an artillery barrage. Its a telepathy or bug which not fixed yet?

2.T-34-85 is absolutely useless against Panther in frontal fight. No any chances to penetrating frontal armour of Panthers on distance near kilometre or so? I have alot of hits doing by my T-34-85's in mission Myth of Invincibility. And all ricochete, ricochete...even no ONE armour spailing. 76-mm ZIS-3 AP shells is ABSOLUTELY useless also, I need to mention.  85-mm guns on T-34-85 was been is specially designed to destroy heavy German tanks on the real battlefield distances.But here it looks useless. What distance I need to have for certain defeat of Panther in front, 200 m? 50 m? Or its completely impossible?

Edited by AlexD

1. Soviet commanders without radio and any links with anyone who this radio have, easy can call an artillery barrage. Its a telepathy or bug which not fixed yet?

It is an abstraction to account for wire phone lines. As with any abstraction it is not perfect and allows comms when a wire line is unlikely but there ya go. Unless and until they decide to model wire laying it will not change. I have never seen that mentioned by BFC.

2.T-34-85 is absolutely useless against Panther in frontal fight. No any chances to penetrating frontal armour of Panthers on distance near kilometre or so? I have alot of hits doing by my T-34-85's in mission Myth of Invincibility.

Yeah Panther fronts are scay tough. Those 85s are damn scary and they will penitrate. With a panther they just need a bit of an angle. If the Panther has elevation over the T 34 then it will be well protected but if the T34 has elevation over the Panther the story shifts. 

It is an abstraction to account for wire phone lines. As with any abstraction it is not perfect and allows comms when a wire line is unlikely but there ya go. Unless and until they decide to model wire laying it will not change. I have never seen that mentioned by BFC.

Yeah Panther fronts are scay tough. Those 85s are damn scary and they will penitrate. With a panther they just need a bit of an angle. If the Panther has elevation over the T 34 then it will be well protected but if the T34 has elevation over the Panther the story shifts. 

Phone lines. So its purposefully in game, yeah? Its a feature which-looks-like-bug. But I didnt see this in feature list in any manuals fo RT. And why Allies havent this ..phones in previous BN, its absolutely new feature yet?

In this mission I have equal level of elevation in tank duels. Germans on the hill, soviets is on the opposite forest hill. And here is absolutely no perspectives to win in frontal attack. I already lost almost all of my T-34-85, and half of Su-76, and it attack is even not happend. Its all been cases of static tank duels. DAMN duels, no more! I need have to whole Armour Corpse to advance againt 3-4 Panthers and one King tiger, not less...Guess in harsh reality after several shells hits may cause engine damage from HUGE concussions, at least. But here..oh okay, nothing is perfect.

Anyway thanks for answer :)

Edited by AlexD

Won handilly?  How?! :)

I mean map is small, flank attack is completely impossible,front duels-its a disaster. So..I really have no idea what I need to do. 

Alrillery barrage is unavalaible, smoke screen for coming closer is impossible, 11 smoke mines-its a bad joke. One Il-2 cant finish all these hundreds of tonns of German armour. So how?? :)

Edited by AlexD

All units in all CMx2 titles which have support call privileges always have those privileges regardless of comms gear or comms status as long as the individual (or, rarely, one of the individual) pTruppen with whom those privileges are associated is still combat-effective. It as been ever thus. There are German platoon HQs in CMBN and modules which do not have radios as part of their TO&E but which can still call arty. Italian infantry in CMFI et al. often doesn't have any radio equipment below Battalion HQ level, yet lower level HQs can call some support assets.

It's not new. Allies in earlier families don't demonstrate the capacity by default because they have radios down to platoon level, so you only see it if the echelon leader himself is still fighting but his radio or radio man are no longer functional. 

Started playing this last night as the Germans after reading this post and I smashed the initial russian assault with some nice multiple crossfire lanes.  I then began moves for my own counter attack and I move my panther Platoon far left near the Hungarian defensive positions on the holl and look and behold a second Soviet Tanks assault came in and unfortunately for me they have no problems penetrative panthers at 300m.  Lol.  2 panthers down but my other 2 hidden amongst the buildings smashed this assault with some help from my Jajdpanzer 4s but they did pay the price with all of them getting knocked out.