Redor support problems

For some reason only Forward observers and HQ units can call in mortars and artillery support, During the time I was serving my unit was training in drills to call in mortar onto positions. Sure artillery support to a certain extent needs a Forward Observer but with the new uniform system Russian soldiers can mark onto coordinates where artillery support is needed. Also why doesn't my KA-52s, MI-24s, and MI-28s fill me in on enemy location? We should be cooperating with each other. Even with SU-25s they should be telling me what they are seeing.  

You were in the VDV no ? Maybe the VDV are trained for a more flexible artillery response. Motor Rifle troops are modeled in the game. And Ratnik is only partially modeled and maybe less accurately than preferable. As for aircrafts, the US side has the same limitation. US aircrafts dont share the info with ground forces in the game (I think).

Yeah I was in the VDV, But I'm sure the motor rifle troops receive the same training, Regular troops were calling in mortars in Afghanistan it doesn't matter if they are VDV. You talk on the radio with the mortar team, Usually you can talk with the command post and even if you don't have training you can tell him your coordinates and from there you can start a firing solution. From there the squad will tell where the round impacted, And I'm saying this in a simple way for a squad who hasn't even received mortar support training. It would look something like this, And yes I'm about to make a scenario.

Dmitri-1: Command post I am at grid x.... need mortar support 200 meters north of my position. 

Medved-2:Copy, that would be grid x.... correct our fire in distance.

You get what I'm saying, Now a days troops are issued maps and shouldn't have trouble finding out their grid or location. There is a more complex way of calling in mortars and artillery but this is just a simple explanation. It is a shame Ratnik isn't fully modeled as it would solve some Russian infantry issues like getting slaughtered at night, And unified support system.

Yeah, that would be a nice addition. The response time should be longer though. I never had a chance to participate in the actual traffic parsing for artillery solutions, but I think they work the following way:

Forward observer:

FO>Battery command>Section command>solution generation>test>FO adjustment>Battery command>Section command>fire mission. 

Any officer or senior NCO.

Officer>CP>Battery command>Section command>solution generation>test>FO adjustment>CP>Battery command>Section command>fire mission.