Bug: Reversing tank goes nuts and passes bocage

Just had this amusing (?) bug yesterday, causing me to lose a tank (and the game):

I had two tanks, tried to make them pass a gap in bocage. They got stuck trying to pass at the same time, so I ordered one to back off a bit. The first tank then passed through the gap just fine.

Then I tried to make the second tank pass the gap. It refused, trying to find a way around instead. I cancelled the orders, giving new waypoints to make it pass the gap. Again, it tried to go around. The third time, the tank had started to turn, so I thought why not reverse it through the gap?

It then reversed through the bocage next to the gap, despite not having a bocage-clearing device. On the other side of the hedge, it did not stop at the waypoint, but kept reversing, then passing straight through another tall bocage, ass first, straight into the line of fire of two hetzers... I then muttered something which I do not think would add any value to this forum, and quit the game. But I did make a save game, so I should have this "on tape".

Anyone else had this happen? I'm still on 2.12, so maybe it's been fixed in later versions of the game.

Edited by Bulletpoint

I have had vehicles struggle to realise they can pass through bocage gaps. It seemed at the time that it was because the gap was where an angled piece of bocage used to be. It was very weird: the tank went the long way round to the waypoint the other side of the bocage, then turned around  and started to come back the way it had come.

Blowing another hole through a straight bit of hedge seemed to allow following vehicles to maneuver normally.

It's known that if you blow a gap in the Bocage where there's already a built-in gap, vehicles won't be able to pass through.

I've never seen a non-Rhino tank pass through unbreached Bocage like that, though the mooching off and getting shot up is maybe analagous to the anomalous movement I observed. Most odd.

"reversing through bocage" was a known bug and I'm pretty certain it was fixed, but I can't remember which version fixed it.

I did some searching and it seems that bug only affected rhuno tanks? This one wasn't.

Blood pressure starting to return to normal levels. That tank was, or would have been, the key to the whole battle... Well, I might have a brew and try again tonight.

Edited by Bulletpoint