Question about modding stripes/rank insignia's on uniforms

lcm1977

Would it be possible to mod stripes onto uniforms or is that not possible.  If so would it be really involved or could somebody that's not a modder do it with a little instructions?  

The reason I ask is I have a 24" monitor so can see details pretty good and I for whatever reason enjoy decking my 

vehicles and troopers out with little fine details like that and think adding stripes or insignia's would be kinda cool.

Anybody happen to know if even possible?  

Thanks

You can do that, and in fact there is at least one mod floating around like that, but the problem is there are no separate Officer/NCO/enlisted men bmp/textures/models and so the game applies them randomly to the Allied side's bmp/texture files; anyone and everyone could have them. The Germans do have officer and NCO textures separate from the enlisted men, and so they already come with rank markings on the appropriate pixeltruppen.

Thanks mjkerner for the reply.  I forgot that the US didn't have textures for officers or NCO's.  Oh well.  Would have been neat though.  

You wouldn't happen to know which mod had them though would you.  I'd at least like to take a look at it.

Thanks

Well thanks for checking mjkerner.  Had I known you'd be looking in those two places I would have done it myself.  Didn't mean to put you out but thank you for looking.  I thought there might be other sites 

or places that were unfamiliar to me.  Too bad as I would sure like to see what all it would add to a uniform.  I'm always kinda envious of the other nationalities unforms.  The U.S. did have plain looking ones

but I realize they probably weren't too worried about looks.  :-))