Forum upgrade?

operating

LOL, sorry @operating as much as you might be right about voting being less than strictly necessary I really do not think BFC will be spending time bothering.  And look what I just did I upvoted a good explanation of why editing is not open forever and @LukeFF's silly way of saying what I said above - so I can indicate that I appreciate humour and a good explanation.  I feel 14 again :D

1. It is incompatible with quoting. You may end up quoting, sentences, or even, paragraphs, that have changed. A quoted 'can' was corrected to a 'cannot'.

2. Breaks continuity. You cannot continue reading a thread without missing important changes, because someone may have changed previous posts (relative to 'your latest read post'), and the forum software skips to your latest read post.

But I agree with you on the voting boxes - don't see the need.

OK Muzzleflash1990, I just quoted you before your time was up with editing your post (I think, not sure of the restricted time allowed for editing).  Just using the quote as a model to show you that a member can be quoted at anytime, never mind on a 24/7 model on editing..  

LOL, sorry @operating as much as you might be right about voting being less than strictly necessary I really do not think BFC will be spending time bothering.

Again I don't have the experience here as you do, however, I am not predisposed about what BFC will or will not do and with that I would expect that they keep an open mind to upgrading this forum that they may take into consideration member's input into their final decisions.  I do not expect that any of my thoughts and suggestions are going to break any walls of apathy today from the members or BFC (some maybe more forward thinking), with that in mind, BFC has to progress or fall further behind with what's available to  "offer from them to the membership", whereas other forums have improved making them more inviting to participate in,  than staying here.   If there is "No discussion" about current matters, then "How are they to know what concerns us"?

Yes,  I left flank with A B and C, right flank X Y and Z, hold in reserve D E and F, scout with U V W, then take the center in a frontal assault with the rest.  When the opponent puts up the ? mark, then 1 through 10 accepts victory.... :D

Notice that some have their greatest battles outside the disk or the download.... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually you should be celebrating because full sized images can now be accessed.

Check out my thread I just posted here: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120825-zala-capabilities/#comment-1632122

Click on the image and it will open sized down for the screen in its own space just like before but now there is a "Full Size" button in the bottom left corner click on that and tada full sized image in a new tab.

Jump for joy!

IanL

OK, checked out your SS, and YES it is an improvement!  But, Why has nobody from BF mentioned this feature?  Was there other features that have changed with this upgrade, that most are not aware of? 

Were you able to pull SS from your game file to be directly included into a post?  Or, do you have to still go to photobucket to resize a SS to be used in a post, that can later be enlarged ?  My position right along has been, that a member should be able to pull a screenshot directly from the game file to a BF post in full size (or close to it).  I'll admit clicking on your SS does produce a clearer picture (at least some data could be read), but still not the quality or clearness of the original view of the monitor screen.

Will have to do some experimenting..

Thanks, Bob 

PS<  I should add that a SS should be able to be taken from a game file (modified or not) to desktop (as a png or jpeg in fullest size possible), then be used anywhere (in other forums, emails, PMs, ect.) possible without having to resize it for this forum.

Edited by operating
more content

IanL

OK, checked out your SS, and YES it is an improvement!  But, Why has nobody from BF mentioned this feature?  Was there other features that have changed with this upgrade, that most are not aware of? 

Ah, I think that you might be the only person that actually cared - I don't mean that in a bad way just saying.  I don't think they moved to the latest version of the forum software to add this feature as per your request.  Although I have to say that the time frame from your request to brought into reality was the fastest turn around I have ever seen :)

PS<  I should add that a SS should be able to be taken from a game file (modified or not) to desktop (as a png or jpeg in fullest size possible), then be used anywhere (in other forums, emails, PMs, ect.) possible without having to resize it for this forum.

Right, just what I did, but not to the desktop to a folder I named.  So game -> screen shot -> hard drive -> forum via drag and drop -> posted as you saw.

IanL

Went back to your screenshots for a second view, I have to apologize for something.  I clicked your screenshot which produced a larger screenshot, however I failed to notice the "Full screen" button down at the lower left of your larger/enlarged SS.  After clicking the "full screen" button (then tap that picture for an even larger full screen) , I was even more impressed with a big beautiful full screen picture, that was more legible than the previous enlarged SS.  WOW!  What a surprise! 

Thanks, Bob