Units move orders not being executed?

Hello

On opening a HelpDesk ticket about an issue I and my opponent were experiencing in a PBEM (units that had been given movement orders were not moving, no enemy contact or firing had even occurred in the PBEM yet), I was told the following, highlighting the relevant parts.:

Thank you for your patience. Here's what it looks like to me. There a a lot of units on this map, so it takes some time to check each unit for each side. If you look at each man in the units that aren't moving they appear to be "Planning" rather than "Moving". Which means that they have the orders but haven't acted on them yet. Also, the ones not moving look to be (for the most part) Green units out of C2/command range of their HQ units. If the units that aren't Green are part of the same formation, there may be individual men within the unit that are Green.I didn't see anything that looked like anything other than the frustrations of playing with low quality troops. My advise would be to get some HQ units near the ones not moving. You should see them start to get going a little faster.

Are you familiar with how you tell if a unit is in C2?

Been playing CMBN for years and this explanation makes no sense to me.

In CMx1, yes, there was a thing called "orders delay" and greener units had longer delay than more veteran units, but orders delay in CMx2???  Was it not completely removed?

Is HelpDesk talking out of their you know what?

Edited by Lt Bull

Of course it has nothing to do with C2 or unit experience. If this is a very large scenario (huge map, more than a battalion per side) then similar behavior has been noted before:

There have been a couple of issues brought to light as the result of the scenario, I consider them engine limitations rather than bugs, but I do not know this as fact. They are:
One must restart the game after loading and playing a turn prior to attempting to load another turn, e.g., I get a turn from 2 opponents, I load one and play it, I must restart CMBN to be able to play the other turn otherwise the game crashes.
One must limit unit waypoints (currently using 8 as a max) or at some point unit movement grinds to a halt (units only moving a fraction of the turn or not at all).

Thanks for clarifying the garbage I got from HelpDesk and restoring my sanity.

Yes the scenario I am playing does feature a rather large/huge map and would be in/around the battalion+ force size.

However, I recall the issue occurring to units that had simple single waypoint orders.  I am also sure that I have given orders in the same PBEM to units with more than 8 movement waypoints and they executed just fine.

Possible issues, if not a bug:

The TacAI can´t plot a viable path to the (single) waypoint.

The order execution is "paused" (P, or this ominous button)

Or maybe of the latest 3.10 features: - Very heavily-laden soldiers cannot use Fast or sometimes even Quick moves.

Had this happen once or twice, after I relieved a pillbox´s storage from too much ammo for too small a team. ^^ In that case, I couldn´t move the team away from the PB at all (after dismount), not just quick or fast.