BM Oplot ERA protection against Russian APFSDS

Quick question for the experts:

Should the BM Oplot ERA be quite capable of stopping the Russian APFSDS round at 500m? T-90AM firing svinets-2 iirc.
This feat just happened three times to me in one an ongoing PBEM game. Some very basic testing mainly taught me that there are various other vulnerable area's on the Oplot so I was probably unlucky. Also, the ERA isn't always effective. However, an APFSDS round impacting the turret large ERA blocks has a very decent chance of being defeated by it at 500m.

Is that correct / intended?

Just struck me as an odd thing since the M1A2 is, iirc, quite vulnerable to the Russian 125mm APFSDS at 500m or less in game.

It's hard to say can Svinets-2 defeat Duplet ERA in real life or not. There is no this ammunition in Russian service, just experimental party for examinations, so no real information how this thing will work. "Duplet" blocks have to work as shaped charges knives which deviate the rod and cut it. This ERA was shelled with Leclerc gun from 100 m with OFL120F1 ammo and just 20 mm dent in armor plate beyond ERA remained after hit. When I tested Duplet ERA before last patch issue I reported about some troubles and after patch issue in most cases Duplet successfully resisted to Russian APFSDS, but test shots were from 2000 m  

I made a scenario with a Russian armored offensive against Ukrainian lines, And it was a huge success T-72B3 was penetrating at 500 meters against BM Oplots. Of course until I got too excited and sent my tanks in a blitzkrieg style rush and lost 6 out of 11 tanks, But that aside I still won and got reliable penetrations.

Yes the Oplot is certainly vulnerable to Russian APFSDS. However I was surprised the Duplet ERA is quite able to counter it at short range.

It's hard to say can Svinets-2 defeat Duplet ERA in real life or not. There is no this ammunition in Russian service, just experimental party for examinations, so no real information how this thing will work. "Duplet" blocks have to work as shaped charges knives which deviate the rod and cut it. This ERA was shelled with Leclerc gun from 100 m with OFL120F1 ammo and just 20 mm dent in armor plate beyond ERA remained after hit. When I tested Duplet ERA before last patch issue I reported about some troubles and after patch issue in most cases Duplet successfully resisted to Russian APFSDS, but test shots were from 2000 m  

In my case shots where at 400-500 meters, although like I said I have no idea if the Duplet ERA should stop clean a round like that. No partial penetrations.