Reaction to final game

I have tried to imagine (after thriving on just three scenarios) what it will be like to get the final game. My conclusion is that we should be prepared to address the following conditions:

Spontaneous Combustion: New game owner just explodes on the spot from the pent-up excitement.

Lock-up: New game owner does not know what to do first & therefore locks up.

Senseless Babbling: New game owner tries to explain to every one that he knows how awesome this is and eventually starts senseless babbling after 5-6 hours.

Sudden Death: New game owner tries to explain to his wife why he needs to be left alone for the next several months and she reacts violently since she has already been doing this for the past month because of the demo.

Blindness: Sets in after the new game owner tries to play every scenario included in one night.

Homelessness: Due to the new game owner buying several new computers so multiple games can be running at the same time.

Will there be an emergency number to call for these conditions?

PBEM fury as new game owners decide to challenge everyone to PBEM games.

Long-standing hatreds arise as new game owners tell everyone who doesn't have game what they're missing out on.

MAJOR increase in posting to board which means new NASA super-computer is taken to become dedicated router for CM traffic only wink.gif.

I'm looking forward to everyone getting it and beginning to design their own scenarios. I think it'll be a very exciting time.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Big Time Software

Haha!!! Very funny smile.gif

Mike, I wish you folks well with the Shuttle launch (hope you make it!). I know the real reason you guys are fixing the Hubble... so you can get back into the business of peeking into women's bedroom windows smile.gif We all know that is what you do when nobody is looking!!

Steve

Mike,

What part of Texas? These forums are nice, but it would be cool to see a fellow wargamer face to face, maybe opening up the possibility of dusting off some of the old board-games occasionally. I live in the Dallas area. If it's NASA, I would assume Houston, but I can hope your closer.

Steve,

Yeah, me too. If we don't get the shuttle launched by Sat. there's a good chance we'll have to wait till after New Year's -- don't want any Y2K glitches while in orbit, ya know! wink.gif Now, Steve, don't spill our secrets to everyone, or else I won't hook you up with that new NASA super computer! wink.gif

Rick,

Unfortunately, you guessed right - I live in Houston. But, if you're up to some CM PBEM scenarios, I'll be more than happy to play ya.

Mike (utkid69@aol.com)

I'm firmly in the "senseless babbling" camp. I've spent all 3 months I've been at my job trying to convince the guy who trained me, a US Army tanker from 87-91, to download the demo and buy the game so I can taunt him while sending PBEM files, and then come into the office and taunt him a second time-uh!

DjB

ps I might just fart in his general direction!