Mods & Speed quick question

Hi All., Not sure if this was asked ages ago.. just a small quick question.

Mods, any mods, and any number of mods in my Z folder.... will those affect the 'speed' of the game? as in.. will it make it run slower ? 

Is game speed mod dependent? and without any mods whatsoever, (that is simply vanilla gameplay) would make the game run smoothest without lags.

Just wanted to be sure of this.

best

The short answer is mostly it has no effect. Turn load times are slightly slower but nothing really noticeable (some testing was done a while ago I don't have easy access to links from my phone). Actual game play will not be effected at all if the mods are the same resolution.

The vast majority of mods are the same resolution as the originals. A few HD modes have been created for terrain. They are clearly labeled. They could theoretically slow things down but I don't think anyone has tested that and a good graphics card would probably handle them with no ill effects.

Here is what I answered in a previous thread about the same subject (I probably should have mentioned that the size of my mods folder is 6,25 GB!)

Just made a quick test with my largest Bitvagorod/Umlaut´s Factory scenario. A large urban map with a huge amount of building mods, not to mention vehicle and uniform mods. I loaded twice with the mods installed and twice without:

Without: 2:27 minutes average

With: 2:57 minutes average

Cheers

Thanks umlaut. Amazing.. So it's mainly the load time and not game speed per se, correct ? I always play with settings as balanced which gives my 2013 MacBook an easier task. If I push the settings higher... I may be OCD, but the pixeltruppen do March move run slightly slower.

I don't have the best graphics card in my notebook, and I find that on larger scenarios I'm better served turning mods off and the quality low. But I'm surely near the bottom of the barrel, for me the difference isn't so much smoothness as it is playability. On small scenarios I have no problems.