Placeable defensive items

Forgive me if this was in a previous thread, but the idea occurred to me how it would be nice if the defending side of a battle had defensive items (sandbags, foxholes, bunkers, etc.) at their setup disposal. This way the US player in the Last Defense scenario for example could place sandbags or a bunker in locations thus fortifying certain areas.

I'll defer to the grogs, hehe

Thanks,

TeAcH

Guest Big Time Software

Yes, these things are decided by the scenario designer, or can be purchased for certain defensive settings in DYO games. The guys in Last Defense were doing an ad hoc, improvised defense. Therefore things like sandbags, mines, etc. would not be available.

All the heavy types of fixed fortifications are for the Germans only, for obvious historical reasons.

Steve

Guest L Tankersley

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> All the heavy types of fixed fortifications are for the Germans only, for obvious historical reasons. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No chance of allied forces starting out occupying captured pillboxes and undergoing a night counterattack (as described in Company Commander, IIRC)?

Leland J. Tankersley