UKRSPECEXPORT (State Armament Consortium)--9 mil-tech videos

This is a fun grog site, for obviously not so fun matters. Just got through watching the long one on ammo and PGWs. Tons of things to be learned, but full benefits only if you speak Ukrainian or Russian. Believe many here will find that of considerable interest, even so. If not first distracted by the 5 specifically focusing on AFVs! I had no idea the OPLOT (which I suspect is really what we call in CMBS an OPLOT-M, based on built-in armor and such) was capable of firing CLGMs while on the move. Most of the vids are in English, and the one on the Yatagan was a wholly unexpected pleasure in that, other than having seen the name in passing, I knew nothing about this hybrid of a Russian type tank, a NATO one, and something unto itself (in-turret autoloader)

http://www.ukrspetsexport.com/index/video/lang/eng

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

I knew nothing about this hybrid of a Russian type tank, a NATO one, and something unto itself (in-turret autoloader)

Variant of first version T-84 "Oplot" (not yet "Oplot-M" ) for Turkish tender.

OPLOT (which I suspect is really what we call in CMBS an OPLOT-M, based on built-in armor and such)

First version of this tank (2000 year) named T-84 "Oplot", after modernization in 2007 it became T-84M "Oplot-M". Since 2009-10 when UKR military removed soviet tank index "T" from the names, tank received name BM "Oplot" (BM - boyova mashyna, eng. combat vehicle)