Supplies and other things that go boom

I don't think this would be total chrome at all. In fact, often the German's advance depended on capturing these stores (North Africa, Bulge).

Rommel would have done much less in Africa if he hadn't captured so many British supply dumps. During his armored raid in Crusader he drove right by huge British supply dumps, which would have probably given him ultimate victory.

In the Ardennes 1944, continuing the German advance was contingent on capturing American supply dumps.

Seems to me that this could be one objective of a campaign.

[This message has been edited by Bil Hardenberger (edited 09-20-99).]

You can certainly list a Victory Location as a supply dump, and make it the focus of a battle (or campaign, even, like Peiper's drive toward all the huge US gas dumps in the Bulge)

However, I'm 99.9% certain that there won't be any "supply objects" for use on a map. No crates of MG ammo or stacks of jerry-cans full of gas.

Labeling a VL as "Supply Dump" will be enough for me to simulate the attempt to capture supplies from a hapless enemy.

DjB

Guest Bryan Corkill

Common misconception of the Bulge. The Germans had more than enough gas to reach the Meusse if not Amsterdam, the problem was that it was east of the Our if not the Rhine, and it could not be brought forward, nescesitating the capture of allied stores. Said capture was never a part of the operational plan.

[This message has been edited by Bryan Corkill (edited 09-20-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

Gee Bil, I think I saw that same movie smile.gif Did it have US tanks fighting US tanks without much in the way of snow? And was there a bald headed guy with a turretless tank cracking a lot of funny one liners? smile.gif

No supplies in the game in terms of graphical representation or special rules. However, you can (as Doug suggests) call some objective a fuel dump or something. You can also have trucks in a game and have to exit them off the map safely. HOWEVER, we don't have special victory conditions for this, so you would have to make this a player determined condition (i.e. make a sceanrio, say that x trucks have to exit, and if it doesn't happen, ignore the real battle results and make up your own).

Steve