CMSF and Mac OS X Yosemite: Won't Load Game

I have run CMSF without any issues since OSX 10.6. In February I upgraded my Macbook Pro to OSX 10.10.3.

Today, I tried to run CMSF and received an error message trying to begin the game.  I could not even get to the opening screen.

My Mac has:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

4 GB of memory

Never had an issue running the game before.  Has anyone else had this problem?

There are a number of posts on this topic in this subforum...sometime around OS 10.9.5 Apple did something to the OpenGL drivers which dorked up CMSF.  It doesn't affect the other games as they have all been upgraded to the 3.0 engine.  

Several of us have been politely lobbying to get a hot fix for this issue, which clearly carried over into 10.10.

I don't know if your low VRAM is making things worse or not...most of us experience a CTD around the 36% load mark for large or huge games....some scenarios play, others don't.

I am a big fan of CMSF and would like to get this fixed...this game still has a lot of life in it.

I didn't think it was the same issue as I hand no problems loading or playing the game until I upgraded to 10.10.3.

At this point, I can't even get the game to open, let alone get to a point where it reaches 36% of scenario creation.

A hotfix would be great.  I love the Combat Mission system. And I am trying to find a way to play the original series which I still enjoy.

I didn't think it was the same issue as I hand no problems loading or playing the game until I upgraded to 10.10.3.

At this point, I can't even get the game to open, let alone get to a point where it reaches 36% of scenario creation.

A hotfix would be great.  I love the Combat Mission system. And I am trying to find a way to play the original series which I still enjoy.

Might be the OS X upgrade?

Did you put in a ticket at the helpdesk Stepphan?

Yeah, Combat Mission has a great range of games.

If you like Modern try the Black Sea Demo too.

• 3 months later...

As a matter of fact, I just discovered today that if I have the OSX Firewall turned on, the game works fine (this was recommended for another game that I have on the Steam network).

Unfortunately, I previously had reinstalled the game to try and fix the issue and lost several scenarios and saves that I had.

Try turning on the firewall and see if that corrects the issue. It did for me.