Engineers?

Guest PeterNZ

Engineering !

Seriously though.. think of engineers as infantry with demo charges.. usually they'd also be more experienced and have more automatic weapons (although not always).

I'd just treat engineers as heavy infantry i guess.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Peter,

Best use is for taking out foritications with satchel charges and/or flamethrowers. In other cases they are just very bad assed infantry with lots of toys smile.gif

Steve

I am wondering if you can post any pics of flamethrowers in action, I looked around a little but couldn't find any.

------------------

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."

Sir Winston Churchill

Chris: it says nothing about differentials, but does prohibit plastic pens in pocket protectors. Full metal jacket pens only.

I understand there are also limits on the kind of tape holding glasses together.

The only reason I'm posting inane thoughts is: the demo wait.

Are there any engineer squads commanded by Dilbert? Assault engineers commanded by Alice?

I'll probably be stuck with ones commanded by the Pointy-Haired Boss.

Ditto aaronb on rationale for dopey comments. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Brian Rock (edited 10-23-99).]

A Word about engineers.

I'd like to take this moment to dispel some myths about engineers. They are not necessarily boring, dull, nerdy, or uncharismatic, as they have been portrayed in modern days. They are living breathing, red blooded humans, just like us, and they deserve the common decent treatment that YOU would expect. But that would be cool to get the point-haired boss though.....

JUST WHERE THE HECK IS THAT DEMO?? WHERE ARE MY PANTS??

I can see it now…

Lt. Dilbert and his squad of engineers stumble onto an advancing German column,

Dilbert: Hold still, men. They're still 300 meters away.

1st Private: Meters? What's a meter?

2nd Private: A little over a yard, I think

Dilbert: Dammit man, it's 1.033 yards! Get it right next time or I'll personally see that you never handle a pocket protector again! Now hand me that slide rule… let's see, I'd say that they're advancing at just over 1.4 meters per second… course that hill will slow them down a bit… someone get me an equation for the slope of that little rise. OK, integrating their velocity will give me their position, or do I differentiate their position…

1st Private: Sir, we're beginning to take fire. They must have spotted us.

Dilbert: Naturally, those German binoculars are incredible! Have you seen the lens design? It works on the principle that…

1st Private: Sir, we'd best take some cover…

Dilbert: Fire at will, men. Remember, the curvature of the Earth over this distance is nearly negligible. But with the sun directly overhead, its gravitational field will shift your bullets nearly 0.06 millimeters upwards. Be sure to compensate…

1st Private: What's a millimeter…