Now that Black Sea has Been out For a While

db_zero

I have games from the WW2 era going on and life and work have been hectic so I haven't really had time to play Black Sea that much, but from what I've seen so far as well as the videos I've seen its becoming clear that you don't get much room if any for errors with the modern stuff. Against the AI on Elite mode playing the battles, things I would get away with in Normandy, Italy and WW2 Russia results in dead men and vechicles in Black Sea. I've not tried a QB yet.

Assault rifle infantry with auto grenade launchers will punish any mistake at greater ranges with greater effectiveness or so it seems.

I haven't toyed around with the armor that much, but so far with the American stuff its very effective. I'll have to toy around with the other stuff to get a better feel. The Tunguska I do have an opinion on and it is freaking awesome. Makes you wonder what if America got the Sgt. York right. Heck even if the F-16 based fire control system attempted on it wasn't completely ironed out those twin 40mm based on a tried and true system would be very effective on ground targets.

I still think the 30mm system used on the A-10, mounted on surplus M1 hulls and mated with a modern but KISS fire control system would be a real winner.

I still think the 30mm system used on the A-10, mounted on surplus M1 hulls and mated with a modern but KISS fire control system would be a real winner.

Pointless.

The GAU-8 has a high rate of fire because even a slow aircraft like the A-10 only has seconds in which to target and fire. The RoF means that in those seconds, you will theoretically get enough hits to score a kill or disable the target. A ground based system wouldn't have anywhere close to that targeting constraint. A gun that fires slower and more accurately while using the same rounds would be more effective as it wouldn't burn through it's ammo load in <10 bursts. And the GAU-8 is not an easy or fast system to reload.

The only benefit would be the use of it for demoralization purposes due to the distinct noise, but if you were in an armored vehicle you wouldn't notice.

Edited by Codename Duchess