A question on foliage.

I'm just trying to find to what extent different foliage types effect both LOS and movement.  The manual doesn't give much guidance.  I know that heavy woods don't permit vehicles to pass thru but light woods seem able to allow it.  Questions:

1. Do different tree types effect movement differently?

2. How much does choosing the different tree densities effect movement?  (Referring to the icons beneath the foliage icons that show you can choose density from 1-3 trees per grid square.)

3. How much difference does it make to add the trees on top of a light woods grid square?  Especially wondering if you add very dense foliage on top of a light woods grid square, do you ever get to a point where that grid square becomes impassable?

4.  Last but NOT least, how is LOS effected by all of the above?  It seems to be that units cannot see thru more than three foliage grid squares but I don't know if different combinations of foliage would effect that LOS limit.

Thank you!

I'm just trying to find to what extent different foliage types effect both LOS and movement.  The manual doesn't give much guidance.  I know that heavy woods don't permit vehicles to pass thru but light woods seem able to allow it.  Questions:

1. Do different tree types effect movement differently?

2. How much does choosing the different tree densities effect movement?  (Referring to the icons beneath the foliage icons that show you can choose density from 1-3 trees per grid square.)

3. How much difference does it make to add the trees on top of a light woods grid square?  Especially wondering if you add very dense foliage on top of a light woods grid square, do you ever get to a point where that grid square becomes impassable?

4.  Last but NOT least, how is LOS effected by all of the above?  It seems to be that units cannot see thru more than three foliage grid squares but I don't know if different combinations of foliage would effect that LOS limit.

Thank you!

1. No

2. None

3. It only affects LOS not movement.  You can generally see right through a light woods without a tree on it, but once you place a tree there the LOS is much more restricted.

4. yes, different foliage types placed on different woods grid squares has an effect on LOS, but the only thing that affects movement is the grid square itself, not what you put on it.