Ukrainian Campaign Walkthrough (WeGo/Elite)

xIGuNDoCIx

Since I received a great response to my CMBS: "Hold The Line!" series of videos I have decided to go ahead and do a play-through of the Ukrainian campaign!  Each mission will be played WeGo/Elite and recorded live.  I will try to make the videos no longer than 20 min so that they are easier to digest.  I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I will playing it!  Any and all criticism is welcome so please don't be afraid to tell me what I have done wrong/right over the course of the campaign.

53RuOq.png

This is the first mission of the Ukrainian campaign and as the Ukrainian commander I am tasked with going on the counter-offensive in order to find and destroy the 39th MRB Recon Battalion located in and around a small village south of Zalissya Ukraine. Intel believes that the ENY recon element is lightly armed and should pose no significant threat to the units at my disposal.

This first video goes over the mission brief, my force setup, and my general plan of attack.

Edited by xIGuNDoCIx

Part Two:

First Blood!
My forces are on the move and advance in formation. They get to the rise in the center of the map and my lead scout BTR-4E briefly exchanges fire with an ENY BMP3. My BTR-4E takes some "light" damage but in turn kills the ENY BMP3 with a Barrier ATGM.

Edited by xIGuNDoCIx

I am about to finish this campaign. Looking forward to seeing how you approach the missions.

No sound from the battlefield?

The sound is there it's just that for a lot of the video I am zoomed way out in order to keep in eye on the battlefield. When I zoom in close you can here everything. Edited by xIGuNDoCIx

Part Three:

My forces in the center and left flank are now trading 30mm cannon fire and ATGMs with the Russians hiding in the far tree line.  I lose 1 BTR-4E and one others crew disembarks due to panicking while coming under fire.  Despite this, my forces have destroyed an estimated 4-6 ENY APC/IFVs.  My platoon of 4 BM-Oplot tanks continue to push down the E95 highway and pressure the ENY forces.

Part Four:

My MB Oplots continue to put the pressure on the Russian AI in and around the South Eastern corner of the small village. They score several more kills and take some sporadic 30mm cannon fire.  2nd Platoon swings out slightly more to the right in anticipation of hooking around the tanks once they get setup as an anchor point at the corner of the village and E95.

Part Six:

Now that I have my forces in place I order them into the village proper. There are still a few ENY units scattered about and I am wary of AT teams setup inside buildings. The Russian have other ideas and decide to surrender as they realize that victory is hopeless.

Part Seven 7 (AAR):