Splitting Squads

James Cobb

Thaanks. My problem was going from Admin to Move to giving an order before they recombined.

Possibly you are inserting an unnecessary mouse click which slows you down? You don't really need to click on Move (or use the F5 hot key). Just press the hot key you have designated for the move you want to use. In this situation, that can save you enough time to squeak through the time window that the game allows. That said, I heartily agree with what James Cobb said about the desirability of a few extra seconds being added to the time window.

Michael

Michael,

Thanks, although if I memorize another list of hotkeys. the last synapse I have working may blow/ :D

I know the feeling well. :huh: What I have done to make it easier is remap the hot keys to make them semi-mnemonic. Ergo,

S=Slow

M=Move

Q=Quick

F=Fast

R=Reverse

And so forth. Still, hunting around on a typical keyboard for the right key can be a cumbersome process. What would be nice would be if somebody would manufacture a specialized control device for CM like they do for flight sims that would make navigating through the game easier and more intuitive. Imagine a joystick that in normal mode would control the direction your tank is facing and how fast it was going, but if you held down a button on the top would control the direction that the turret was facing. Anyway, something like that.

Michael