Short-range tank duel: a good reason to use "target arc" (video)

Bahger

If the unit is "threatened" (I don't know how that works, I've just seen it work), it will ignore the covered arc.

So far the examples I have seen "threatened" was "hit by". In so many cases in CMBS that would mean there would be no one left to drop the target arc and respond :)

But, yeah, 180 arc out to the map-edge. Then, when it reaches the endpoint, a FACE command (which erases any covered arc and aligns hull and turret towards the desired direction).

Indeed if you cannot drive into position facing where you want this is the way I would do it. It is very rare though, I much prefer to come out of cover in already facing the "correct" direction.

And I agree the whole turret/tank body dance of aiming, moving, aiming, moving, until KO'ed is sooooo much better now in the v3 engine and with the much faster tanks speeds in CMBS I don't think I have seen a tank mess up once, so far.

Most armour can drive in reasonably tight 'curves' at a fair lick. IanL was the one who first set that out in a way that made a lightbulb come on in my head, IIRC.

Glad to be of help - you are kicking my ass helping people over the last few days though - I keep reading posts and composing responses in my head as I finish the thread only to find a post form you already sitting there saying pretty much what I was going to say. :)

BTW you need an avatar :D