New Hard drive walk me through reinstaling please

Ok so I have Combat Mission Normandy and that is it nothing else no modules etc. I just don't want to screw up the install. 

So I install Normandy Base Game and then what ...  I have the 2.0 upgrade, and the 3.0 upgrade. Oh, when I got the 3.0 upgrade the 3.11 patch was already in it so that may help with your advice. 

ssdnew.jpg

if you purchased the 3.0 upgrade, what is the size?  If it is not the 9 gb version I would re download it.  That will give you the latest full installer.  Get rid of everything else and install that and you'll be all set at 3.11.  Check the included read me installer for licensing or go to the knowledgebase but definitely read before going through licensing, it will save you some headaches.

If it gives you trouble, threaten the computer with that knife.  I assume that is why you have it there.

Having just gone through this exact thing within the past hour, I can give a couple tips, and my experience.  I can't complain too much, my old drive had 13.5K+ hours on it, and was still limping along as best it could, but it was time to replace.

I downloaded the 3.0 patch, which gave me the 9GB file.  Once it downloaded, I did the install, which put a bunch of icons on my desktop.  One of them is for the activator.  I have my keys in a .txt file I created, which made the process a lot easier.  If you don't have something similar, you can copy and paste from your account on battlefield.com, so they are not lost.

Goofy thing with the activator to be aware of, at least it's what happened to me.  It will ask for the serial # of the CMBN game, which looks like it is asking for the original serial #.  It is not, it wants the serial for the 3.0 update.  This will give you the base game, updated to 3.11.  Don't launch yet, if you own the other modules, you need to close the activator, and re-open it again to be able to add another serial.  Do this for each module you own, then launch once they are all in. 

It won't hurt if you launch early, but you won't have access to the other modules until you run the activator again, so best to just knock it out.  Also, I had an odd graphics thing where it didn't tell me what modules are active, it's like there is a header, but the info doesn't get put in underneath it.  Not a big deal, as there aren't that many modules to track, but it could use a fix, along with the lack of an ability to active more than one module at a time.

So in summary the interface is a bit goofy and confusing, but it sure beats the old system of having to figure out installation order and hope you didn't foul it up!  I would also prefer not to have so many icons on my desktop to have to clean up when I am done, but that's also not a major problem, just an annoyance.

Edit to add: Nice K-Bar is it a genuine Camillus?

Edited by Faelwolf

thank you so much for completely answering my question I am saving this info in the event I buy other modules because I only have combat mission normandy base game and that is it I simply installed the base game ... did not try and run it in other words did not try to activate it ... (well, I think this is what I did .. anyway) then I installed the 3.0 patch only and THEN I activated it using the 3.0 key I got when I bought 3.0 and yeah  have all this saved to text files copy and paste ;)   and because I downloaded 3.0 after the 3.11 patch came out ... I am at version 3.11 now ... 

To bad Battlefront can't come up with a simple flow chart in order of how to do a re install to bad its up to use to come up with that ... they come up with paragraphs of info that one has to weed through and then calculate the method to use according to ones situation.   they should have a flow chart something like:

cmchart.jpg

Wheeeeee something like this 

Edited by Artofwar

If you have downloaded the New Master Installer, that is all you need, it includes everything :)

If you have purchased 3.0 and do not have the new Master Installer, suggest you bite the bullet and download that ( it will be available to you having bought the 3.0 upgrade )  - it will be a large download, but will make your life hugely easier in the long run.

So, do I have to install the original (version 2.0) of the game first after purchase of the 3.0 upgrade or can I just install it from the new 3.0 upgrade all by itself?

Reference my post above but I do not explain myself to well but anyway you simply install the base game and then the 3.0 upgrade - This is assuming the 3.0 up grade you install is the latest version the latest version has the 3.11 patch in it if you do not thing you have the latest version just download 3.0 again ... it is about 12 gigs.  So just install the base game and 3.0 thats it forgetabout version 2.0 

Now, if you have any modules CW, MG or the vehicle pack .. I have not accurate Idea of how to advise you on that 

If you have downloaded the Master Installer ( available to you if you have purchased the 3.0 upgrade ), extract the files from the zip file and then run the exe ( CMBN Setup ) and it will install the game ( fully up to date ).

Once Master Installer is finished, you will activate with your 3.0 serial.

Then run the Activate Modules once per module if you have any ( ie. fire it up, enter module serial. Close. Rinse, repeat per additional module )

If you have downloaded the Master Installer ( available to you if you have purchased the 3.0 upgrade ), extract the files from the zip file and then run the exe ( CMBN Setup ) and it will install the game ( fully up to date ).

Once Master Installer is finished, you will activate with your 3.0 serial.

Then run the Activate Modules once per module if you have any ( ie. fire it up, enter module serial. Close. Rinse, repeat per additional module )

Worked perfectly. Thanks,