Steve's Attitude Towards Customer Service

Nytol

Steve- I recently read your response to a customer who was asking for help with his activation code. It was condescending, hostile and an atrocious example of how not to treat a valued customer. As a retired CS executive with 25 years experience,I would have at LEAST suspended anyone who exhibited  such a horrible attitude towards the Public. You need to change your attitude before you do more harm to your employer.

Nytol,

As a"retired CS executive" I am sure you realize the more appropriate venue to express you outrage over "horrible attitude" would have been #1 in a private communication with a link to the offense  #2 directly to the owners of the company.

You managed to get #2 correct.

Nytol,

"As a"retired CS executive" I am sure you realize the more appropriate venue to express you outrage over "horrible attitude" would have been #1 in a private communication with a link to the offense  #2 directly to the owners of the company.

You managed to get #2 correct."

Depends what his motivation was. I see Steve didn't bother to spare the customers blushes and direct message him with an answer but whacked him a good one on a public forum. One of the golden rules of CS, take it offline and deal direct if that's possible, don't have a spat with the customer in public, you can never come across well in that scenario...

I don't agree with his remark that Steve's response would have been an automatic suspension (at least in a member of a CS team I run) CS people have bad days too and sometimes it just comes out like that. An apology would definitely be warranted though since I agree it came across pretty high handed and very patronising. I noticed the tone of Steve's 2nd post changed dramatically. In addition if the CS person has to explain how the CS process works it's probably time to revisit how that's working for them. Blaming the customer for not following a process and therefore not helping them is not a good strategy for retaining customers.