Robert Capa's famous Battle of the Bulge photo series

John Kettler

Judging from the utter lack of response, it appears there's no interest in the Battle of the Bulge, which, given the ever growing chorus demanding the game, I find distinctly odd. Consequently, the fact that Robert Capa, who shot the iconic D-Day pics, did these really doesn't matter.

Regards,

John Kettler

I don't know that one can immediately draw such conclusions.  I checked it out and found them interesting.  I suspect lack of response here has less to do with the topic and more to do with fewer visitors to this forum than say, "Combat Mission Battle for Normandy".  Be that as it may, thank you for posting.

Badger73,

Glad you enjoyed the pics. I think there was a certain archness to what I said, but I suspect the real drivers in lack of response were the quite sparse traffic to the GDF and the massive distractions generated by the holidays. I put the post here because it wasn't directly pertinent to CMBN. Perhaps a kind mod will see fit to move this post? Speaking of Capa, there are many who think his D-Day pics were mostly lost as a result of water in his camera. Not so. LIFE was in such a rush to get the pics out that the photo lab guy, in his haste to get them done, really screwed up and ruined almost the entire batch. Believe it was from overexposure.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

• 3 weeks later...