Post if you like the Game.

Guest PeterNZ

I am loving this game! Hell, just give me a scenario editor and I'll take the demo right now as is!

There are a couple of minor things I'd like to see modified or added. However, I still have to rank this among the top 5 games I've every played, even if it's only a demo!

Dar

Very pleased with the demo, and can't wait for the final release. The Graphics and sound effects are second to none, heck, I actually flinched the first time I heard that MG42 go off, (I like to keep my volume up very loud when engrossed in a game, and it actually did startle me smile.gif) No real complaints to mention other than the fact that I find it kind of a pain to keep track of all the casualties, I realize this has been discussed many times on the boards and there is nothing that can be done at this time to correct it, but displaying casualties on the battlefield would make this game PERFECT in every sense of the word ... [keeping fingers crossed that we will someday soon have the technology to do it] But until then, CM is (in my opinion) as close to perfect as we are going to get for now ... and thats close enough for me, I love it.

I Played the German Offensive last night, excellent fight ... was very impressed with the AI again. I got VERY lucky and manged to really softened up the entire town by bringing a HAIL of 105/81/81 in "target wide" mode all over the town from the get go. I then hit the Allied right flank (my left) very hard with an all out bum rush w/ my 4 HT's ... they covered the ground from the woodline to the first VL in a very short amount of time, and overwhelmed the still shellshocked defenders of that building very quickly ... although I barely had enough time to disembark all of my Infantry and get those HT's moving again before the Allies countered with there own volley of Artillery, and pounded the area where my HT's just were... whew! Although I must say that after the three allied tracks appeared on the horizon, I got a little worried, but my TIGER I managed to flame one and knock another out of action before falling victim to the third. I thought I was going to lose it when I lost my last STUG III, and the Allies still had one Hellcat alive... but the AI was smart and impressed me in that my forces occupied the town all the way to the river yet the Hellcat never tried to come down the road into the town. It new all its ground forces were almost completely destroyed, and it wouldn't stand a chance in the narrow streets of that town, so it chose to withdrawl ... resulting in an Axis major victory, and after a long exhale on my part, total satisfaction.

I would like to thank BTS for bringing such an excellent product to the table. This game will brake down barriers in CPU Wargaming. And will undoubtedly go down in History as one of the greats. smile.gif

Jason

------------------

"It is well that War is so terrible, lest we grow to fond of it"

Robert E. Lee

I LOVE IT!!!, it is pretty much everything that I have been waiting for, for a very long time. I have been following this game since it was first going to be published by Avalon Hill and I kept hoping that it wouldn't be a disappointment like another game that I have been following for awhile Napoleon 1813 by Empire Interactive (though I still have hopes for that game when the patch comes out). Hey Charles, Steve, every thought of using the Combat Mission engine to do a Napoleon game smile.gif

My pre-order is in...need I say more?

Well why not: This game is worth the price even if the only additional feature for the retail version is a scenario editor. Innovation always surprises one in hindsight. Why did it take this long for a true real time 3d engine (ala Unreal, Q2) to be incorporated into a tactical wargame? All the parts were there but the synthesis was lacking. I class this game as a tactical ground combat simulator. Watching a turn play out comes very close to the experience of watching the action during a US Army networked simulator exercise displayed on a big-screen 2048x2048 overhead monitor.

The US marines are experimenting with real time PC wargame conversions to teach OC's the principles of ground combat. At a higher level I think CM would be ideal for this purpose. Sure beats sand-tables.

-Ren